To Catch A...Trollhunter? Part Two

Summary: Continuation of To Catch a Trollhunter Part One. Jim's life relies on Steve. Who knew someone could change and for the better.

Characters: Jim, Claire, Toby, Steve, Eli

Rating: K

»»-----  -----««

If someone were to walk up to Steve and tell him that everything he believed in was false and that he'd care for James Lake Jr. he would laugh in their face, spit on them and simply call them crazy. Why would he care for Jim Lake when throughout the span of time that he knew him, he called the boy a loser, pummeled his best friend with dodgeballs, and even threatened to fight him? Obviously, his care for Jim was barely even thought of.

Even after he and Eli -- which is another shocking piece of information, he and Eli -- had discovered Jim's secret and that Claire and Toby were in on it too, it went from seeing two nerds and a smart, popular female, to three fearless superheroes. But back to being said, even after he was starting to get in on this Trollhunting thing, being a part of the Creepslayerz, he hadn't thought he wouldn't be bullying Jim and Toby as much and find no spark of worry for them.

Until now.

Steve ran through the trees, branches scratching his face but he didn't care. He had been wearing his Creepslayerz get-up at the time, not minding the grime, or rips the clothing may obtain, but what stained his shirt, something he did in fact mind, was the splotches of blood.

Blood that was not his.

What was even more heart-racing was the fact that a pair of metal legs and arms were swinging limply as he ran. His face was dripping in sweat as he heard the heavy stomps of trolls following him.

Steve and Eli had promised they would help Jim find that creep after they ruined the mission because they had tackled him down in the middle of the street with a net and concussed him. Which, if anything, they were too far deep into the secret to back down anyway because of it.

That was definitely Eli's fault.

However, when they got into contact with Claire which started with her asking about his whereabouts, Steve and Eli responded, explaining everything. There had been some chewing out from both Claire and Toby, followed by another voice the two boys didn't recongine but didn't question, but they expected for both of them to grow angery at the situation. Those two had Jim's back as if the world was ending.

And who knew, it had the possibility to end.

Steve was slightly jealous that Jim was so cared for, something that Steve never really had, however, he paid no mind once the duo got there, telling someone else to wait in the backyard before quietly rushing into the house worry written all over their faces.

That was until Jim had woken up wanting to fight even against their wishes.

The boy was stubborn, Steve had to give him that. No matter how many times he and Claire had argued about a simple fight or not, Jim never gave up once. Even in his state, it shocked Steve that no matter what, Jim was going.

And did he make sure of it.

Jim ended up winning the argument but with his head damaged, Toby ended up babying him till they reached the woods. After nearly toppling over due to dizziness, Claire had threatened to portal him home which caused another fight and Jim had stayed, again, somehow getting through Claire and continuing to fight for he was the Trollhunter and perfectly capable too.

But this time, the stubborn idiot was wrong, he had gotten dizzy once again as his adrenaline was running low. The boy was wearing thin on energy and already struggling to breathe and was taken out very gruesomely.