Hang On, Jim

Author's Note ~

Short, but fluffy!
»»-----  -----««
Summary: When Claire is asked to look through the fetch, she wasn't expecting to lay her eyes on Jim, the one she was desperate to see. The two longing for one another, they share a gentle moment before Jim is pulled away.

Rating: K

Characters: Jim, Claire
»»-----  -----««

Claire stared at the walls of the Travel Agency, desperately trying to find any way into the Janus Order. Her and the remaining group worked hard to locate them as they had the cure for Creepers Sun which would return Aaarrrgghh to them. Once Aaarrrgghh would join them in the land of the living, the amulet would help them save Jim.

Her heart yearned for the boy, her mind racing with worry over Jim. She couldn't stop thinking about him, her mind never relaxing and his voice echoing in her head. He even appeared in her dreams, speaking gentle words. After Usurna ordered the destroy the bridge, Jim fought hard to get to the exit, only to be pulled back by the numerous Gumm-Gumms, which Claire had to helplessly watch as she tried to reach for him and her baby brother that was tucked in his arms.

Jim tried once more, managing to hand her Enrique before the door to the realm sealed up, trapping him in the Darklands. Claire remembered that horrible moment, constantly playing in her head. She blamed herself, knowing that the Gumm-Gumms were right behind him and she only pulled her baby brother free, Jim would be trapped.

She hoped and begged that Jim manage to fight through the many guards, however, she was unaware of how exhausted he could be, and if he did so, he would be on the run as they were aware of him roaming the Darklands. Was he okay? Had they hurt him? She shuddered at the thought, imagining him bruised and battered, sitting alone in some dark room. She knew he was alive as the amulet hadn't called, however, she couldn't ignore where he would be held and if Gunmar was beside him, torturing him, punishing him.

After all, she knew that Gunmar was angry about his son's death and now that he had his hands on the one who killed Bular, Claire couldn't ignore the fact that Jim could possibly be injured already.

Jim had always been so kind, sacrificing himself to save everyone, taking every beating as he wore the armor. His eyes were full of life, his smile could light up an entire room, and his gentle personality. It was that selfless kindness that got him into this predicament, but she knew he would never give up, even if it meant dying in the end.

Claire wished she could have stopped him the first time, not letting him enter that bridge, she wished she could save him the moment she saw numerous Gumm-Gumms charging behind him the first time, she wished she jumped through and saved him from being dragged away. Despite knowing that they would kill her in an instant, Claire wanted to march into the Darklands and threaten anyone within an inch of their lives if they laid a finger on him. She wanted to break down the doors, fight through an army of Gumm-Gumms with her shadow staff, and rescue her dear Jim.

However, they needed to do more work before rescuing him and it was hard for her. She tried to hold back frustrated tears, missing the boy. His departure left a constant ache. Jim had always been her hero, but now she wanted to be his. She would do anything to get him back, to see his face and hear his voice again. Claire knew that she would gladly give her life if it meant Jim's freedom. Her heart beat faster just imagining their reunion - she would run to him, throw her arms around him, and never let him go. And she would finally work up the courage to kiss him, like she had always secretly longed to. 

Which led her to this very moment as her glossy eyes inspected the room around her, Blinky, Toby, and NotEnrique digging around the room for anything that could lead to the entrance of the Janus Order. Her mind was constantly running and she was unaware of Toby advancing on her until there was a slight tap on her shoulder, nearly making her jump out of her skin.