Tainted Lullabies

Summary: Jim is cursed to an eternal slumber and guarded in Trollmarket despite Morgana still being contained within the crystal. The race is on for the remaining Trollhunters to collect Jim's resting body and return his soul. That wouldn't be so difficult if Claire hadn't been the one to do it.

What-if to I'm Dating a Sorceress/The Exorcism of Claire Nunez

Characters: Jim, Morgana, Toby, Blinky, Aaarrrgghh, Claire, Strickler, Gunmar

Rating: K

»»-----  -----««

Metal feet stomped through the house, heavy breathing accompanied the noise as the sound traveled down a dark hallway, furniture lay on the floor, thrown and shattered, and holes in the wall spread throughout the house. The crunching of glass as the pattern of feet stepped upon the broken picture frames made it all the more eerie. The silence, beside the Trollhunter running for his dear life, was unwelcoming.

Speaking of the Trollhunter, Jim was frantic as he skidded around a corner, sweat dripping down his forehead and he rested against the wall. With a turn of his head, looking behind only to find no one following, letting out harsh breaths as his metal hand covered his amulet, doing his best to try and breathe for the time being. His mind whirled at how any of this was possible.

He and Claire had been on a double date with Toby and Darci. The idea itself was nice since Jim and the team had barely gotten out and they both had love interests. It was difficult to act as if things were normal since Darci was not filled in on the adventures they had at night.

Jim had been nervous, he and Claire rarely went on dates, well, in Toby's case, they haven't. He didn't want to make things worse, he still couldn't believe that the girl of his dreams was actually interested in him. Messing things up was something Jim didn't want to do, despite the fact that they had shared numerous kisses and she had risked her life for him.

The date was going well until Claire began to act weird. She had ordered a steak raw and asked for it to be dripping in blood. That should have been the warning instead of trying to act like everything was normal, even when Darci was sitting across the table.

However, it got even worse when Claire was fighting herself, a steak knife in her hand, pointed at Jim and her face held a dark grin. He blamed Toby, being threatened by a knife was not flirting. Damn it, why did he believe that!

She had tried to kill him, not even minding that people were around, and worst of all, with a steak knife. After the date, Toby had planned to head to the movies, leaving Jim alone with a psychotic Claire due to her saying she didn't feel all that well. After inhaling a raw steak, of course, she wouldn't be feeling fine.

Now, Jim was running for his life when he was introduced to Morgana who was using Claire as a puppet and that kept Jim from fighting back. He couldn't harm her. However, that was Jim's downfall, he couldn't defend himself properly, only armed with soft objects. He tried to leave the house, yet, the exits had been blocked due to the excessive furniture throwing.

Finally catching his breath, he turned, ready to keep going in hopes that he could find a way out, yet, a loud scream escaped his lips when Claire, no, Morgana, was staring at him, another killer grin on her face. On, Claire's beautiful face.

Her hand smacked against Jim's stomach, the Trollhunter flying back into the wall, cracking it before he collapsed to the ground. He was going to be so screwed, this was the second time he was destroying the Nunez's poor house due to the misfortunes of Trollhunting.

Standing with a glare, Jim eyed Morgana, venom in his words, "We will defeat you, just like we did with everyone else, you won't win!" He cried out before taking off, her laughter echoing through the house, sending chills down his spine as the haunting sound followed.