Drifting Away

She lost him. Maybe Forever.

It was probably her against the storm,

The  ebb against the tide ,

The sun against the moon,

The light against the darkness.

As she told herself,

Amidst the vast expanse of space and time,

Two souls once entwined, now drift in chime,

Their love, once a flame that burned so bright,

Now flickers and fades into the endless night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~~~

You had a melody I thought I would have  never heard before. A soft, gentle sound that tickled my ears as your lips used to form a smile I had never felt so dawn to before.

 Before you, all I heard was static, the droning sound of the radio and the silence that encapsulated it. Yet with such a melody like yours, how can my heart not sing to It's tune ?

How could my eyes never not follow the smile that you showed me- the same smile that painted  my world in pastel shades  and the sky lavender and pink? 

I realise now that my eyes wander to you in every room I enter,for I only need the sight of you for my world to explode with colour.

 Leaving you wasn't easy. There were always something about you that gave me hope. There was always something about your smile  that told me that you weren't like everyone else.

God, I loved you with every beat of my heart and it consumed me. It wasn't easy, you gave me so much to remember, so much that every time I remembered you, my heart ached. 

I loved you and everytime my heart ached for you, my lips whispered a prayer for you.

Part of me thought you'd come back and part of me faded in your absence........