the end

Damn okay, I feel like I should explain myself? PHANTOM was originally meant to have three acts, taking place in FIRST CLASS, DAYS OF FUTURE PAST, and APOCALYPSE respectfully, but since finishing the second act, I've been trying to figure out how ...

Damn okay, I feel like I should explain myself? PHANTOM was originally meant to have three acts, taking place in FIRST CLASS, DAYS OF FUTURE PAST, and APOCALYPSE respectfully, but since finishing the second act, I've been trying to figure out how to continue Leena's story, and I've slowly come to realize that I think it's...done?

I recently reread the final chapter of act two, and as I was reading, I started feeling like this was a perfect end to the story. Similar to the film DAYS OF FUTURE PAST, act two feels like the closing chapter to a long saga, an almost epilogue, and after much deliberation, I've decided that this is where PHANTOM is going to end. Leena's arc is complete, having gone from a scared, naive little girl relying on the men in her life to protect her from both the dangers of the world and from herself, to an independent young woman able to acknowledge that she still has much healing to do, but she is stronger and more capable than she could have ever imagined. In reality, that is what this story has always been about, learning to take control of one's life, even if it hurts to do so.

Leena is one of my most beloved characters that I've ever created, as well as the first oc I ever wrote fanfiction for, and I'm so grateful to have been writing her for almost 3 whole years! PHANTOM is the story that got me onto Wattpad, it's the oldest of all my fics, and while a small part of me is screaming to just keep writing it no matter what, I know that it's time to say goodbye.

Thank you to the readers that have been here since the beginning, the readers that have discovered this fic as it's developed, and the readers who came here after this fic was done. I know it's a little disappointing that I've basically been lying in all the author's notes saying there would be an act three, but I hope you understand. I am so grateful to everyone that read this fic and fell in love with Leena (as I did).

Some day, I will come back to edit this entire fic, because we all know it REALLYYY needs some changes, but for now I'm going to leave it as it is. Again, thank you so much for reading, all the support for this fic has been amazing ❤️

STARTED: SEPTEMBER 01, 2020

COMPLETED: AUGUST 03, 2023