The plaza of Glory Pt. 2

Wister felt his body shiver as cool air hit his bare back.

"Sorry." He could barely manage, teeth clattering.

Chare, who like 'Wister' still hadn't gotten out of his disguise just sighed.

"That was reckless and stupid."

"It worked, though." 'Wister' stated plainly.

(5 Hours Earlier)

'Wister' recognized it too late.

Maybe knowing the future turned him reckless, maybe he was in a rush to return to the comforting air of the organization's laboratory.

It was stupid of him to overlook the small loophole, if Chare and Kim Rok Soo could enter the world of The Birth of a Hero why couldn't someone else?

His mind supplied that it was the God of Death who allowed the two a safe passage.

'But I didn't ask, did I?'

His mind began to echo two conflicting views.

'You're being paranoid.'

He remembered the dumb pieces of advice given haphazardly throughout the office.

'Don't assume, it makes and ass out of me and you.'

It was a cruel twist of fate that as soon as his brain supplied the stupid advice, he heard a gunshot.

He allowed the Shield to take the brunt of the hit and he cringed as his heart rate picked up.

'Cale' momentarily froze his eyes lighting up with recognition only to flinch when more gunshots began to pound against the shield.

Screams echoed through the small party noticeably quickly, and Chare, being the selfless bastard he was couldn't stand it.

"They're targeting me, please let your heart be at peace!"

Gone was the moment of panic and instead 'Wister' couldn't help from twitching in embarrassment. Goodness he could see the theater kid in Chare, and it hurt to listen to.

'You fool, do you realize how selfless you sound?! You're ruining my reputation even more!'

Despite this his mind stilled and his expression turned grim, someone or someones from their world were here and had made it their mission target him, with guns nonetheless.

'Human, human!' Raon's voice rang in his head.

'Lots of mana in the ground beneath the nobles!'

Those words were enough to make it click.

The sewers, whoever was targeting him had sided with Arm and had enough influence to change their plan of attack.

'The bastard knew I would focus on hidden bombs in the city, so they put a hidden one in the fucking sewer system.'

He clenched his fists in anger as hateful spite began to make its way out of his mind through his mouth.

"As I would ever let you!"

He removed his shield from him and 'Cale', and the 'young master' quickly ran, curling into a side roll to dodge as many bullets as possible.

He then looked at 'Wister' in confusion.

"Wister do you perhaps have any plans-"

"You people run toward the edges of the party, you wont reach far but that is the safest area-"

BOOM

"Hehehehe."

'No, no, no. The vampire mage should've been taken care of by Choi Han and Rok Soo by now!'