𝓒𝓱𝓹 11|𝓓𝓸 𝓘 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓴?

(Back to Tatum's POV)

Warning:This chapter has to do with the Vietnam War, death, and maybe suicide mentions and a little reminder this is 1976 only a year after the war in Vietname and many died. If you're not comfortable I understand and I'll see you in the next chapter. But don't worry he didn't off himself in Vietnam! I know it's a little late introducing a deceased character like this but yeah!

-HITR

I wake up to the sound of Pickford's snores. I chuckle and slowly get up not wanting to wake up Michelle nor Pickford.

I look at my clock and it only says 11:30. I sigh and walk into the kitchen to find Tanner already making something. "Heyy" I say and he smiles. "What we cooking up?" I ask sitting down and he shrugs. "I don't know kinda brunch situation going on here." He laughs and I laugh along with him.

"Hey, Don't you just wanna..You know..Leave. This place." I ask and Tanner stops and turns to me. "You were left to overthink again were you?" He asks and I stay quiet. I really wasn't but it does sound like that.

"No no..Just..After Daniel died. You just have to blame it on something." I say and Tanner looks down.

"I blame it on the people who killed him." Tanner says and I sigh.

"You can't blame on people that you don't even know were there the time-"

"They could've done something!" Tanner says.

"I think he did it on his own." I said.

Oh, I forgot to mention Daniel Jacks. He was a close friend of ours. He died in Vietnam. Had no family. We were his only hope. Me and Tanner. Speaking of Daniel.

"Wanna go with me to the our building to see his memorial?" I ask and Tanner nods turning back around to . We have a hide out place we like to go to a lot. It's a half broken down old abandoned brick building and I can't help but wonder if Daniel was just sick of everything here.

"I'll go get dressed in a little." I say and walk back into the living room to see Michelle up watching the news.

"Hey morning!" I say and she smiles. "Me and Tanner have to take care of something but if you and Kev wanna change into something else I can wash those clothes and you can spend another night here. You'll just maybe have to bring more clothes!" I suggest and she nods shaking Pickford up. He jumps up a little making me and Michelle giggle a little.

"Brunch is ready!" Tanner yells from the kitchen and we all walk to there to see him plating some pancakes, eggs and sandwiches. "Thanks Aretga!" Pickford says sitting down to eat.

"Hey so, Michelle and Pickford are gonna change into their clothes from yesterday and I'll wash their pajamas go home while you and me are out then we'll pick them up and if you two want you can bring extra clothes and stuff and leave them in me and Tanner's rooms!" I explain and everyone nods understanding the plain.

After we were done eating Michelle and Pickford go upstairs to change. 

"I really wish you wouldn't talk like that when talking about Daniel." Tanner says leaning against the wall as I look at some pictures in a box that is hidden under our entertainment center.

One of the pictures are Wooderson putting up a peace sign, Daniel smiling, Tanner having his arm around him and I kissing Daniel's cheek. We were all smiling in that. God his hair was so long.

I think about what Tanner just said. "I know but why else won't they tell us how he died?" I ask and Tanner sighs annoyed. 

"Maybe because we aren't his real family." Tanner snaps.

"Maybe because all his family is gone." I snap back.

By the time I could say something Pickford and Michelle come down and Pickford grabs his keys. "Mind if we leave our stuff here?" he asks and I shake my head. "I'll see you later guys!" I wave and the two leave.

"Let's go change.." Tanner says and with that we go change into our black suits. Probably too formal I know but it works because respect Daniel.

.......................................................................................................................................................

I honesty don't know what got into me while writing this chapter but yeah! Depressing shit I know but after the next chapter we'll get to the emporium and everything! Love you all and be good people!

-Hope In The Rain(HITR)