Chapter 10 - Family

New Urgent Quest Available

- Overcome Trauma.

Urgent Quests Cannot be Decline

Accepting Quest...

Quest Accepted

Mio's voice rang out.

Hearing her voice, I felt my body tense up again.

'O-o-oh n-n-no. A-another u-urgent q-quest? W-w-what if i-i-it's a-a-as i-impossible a-a-as the f-first o-one? W-w-what do I-I d-do?'

I brought my knees to my chest before wrapping my arms around my legs and I started trembling uncontrollably. I was scared of the quest and just wanted to return to the peaceful life I once had. More tears dropped out of my eyes, while I gently rocked myself back and forth in an effort to calm myself down, like how a baby does in a cradle. I felt completely defeated at that moment, nothing else mattered to me except wallowing in my despair.

'What is the point of this desire for power and this journey as a whole if I can never get powerful enough to even do the simplest tasks? Why do I even bother with this in the first place? What purpose do my sealed memories even serve?!' I depressively thought to myself before that depressive feeling turned to feelings of rage. 'Why did my System make me go through that?! Isn't it supposed to help me and not drag me down?! Then what is the meaning of this?!' I asked while I took my arms off my knees and slowly sat up.

Soon my rage subsided and was replaced by a feeling of guilt and uselessness. 'Sorry Miu, Mio for that outburst I had, my emotions got the better of me. I should just accept that I'm more useless than a rock. I haven't managed to do a single thing correctly since I got here. Despite my desire for power, I've lost both the battles I have been in, and both times, my opponents weren't even taking me seriously... Even a broken stick would be more threatening than I am. Why do I keep trying? It's obvious that I'll never be able to accomplish my goal. Why do I even want my memories back in the first place? Surely I can live without them...'

Ayaka...

Miu started in a voice full of sympathy.

'Don't bother, there is no point to anything you say right now. Just let me despair in my inadequacies alone.' I cut her off before she could say anything.

...

Miu was speechless by my response. Then I heard a crying sound.

Ayaka, please listen to me!

Miu yelled in a teary voice.

I felt a bit guilty hearing her voice, but I remained steadfast in my stance.

'Save your voice, nothing will help me right now... What even is the point of my existence if I can't do anything?' I turned her down.

New Urgent Quest Available

- Talk It Out With Miu

Completion Reward: Authority Level Up 1

Failure Punishment: System Forced Sleep Mode - Duration: 1 Week

Urgent Quests Cannot be Declined

Accepting Quest...

Quest Accepted

I heard Mio's voice announce.

My downtrodden feelings turned into unbridled anger this time. "What! Now you are forcing me to talk to you! Why are you doing this to me!? Can't you just leave me alone!? Why are you always forcing me to do things I don't want to do!?" I yelled in frustration.