Chapter 13 - Memories

'Today is the day, the day to face my fears and triumph over them!' I motivated myself when I woke up again. I got out of bed and started to change my clothes back to the one dress that I owned. 'Now that I think about it, I only have one outfit to wear... I really should get some others soon.'

While changing my clothes, I heard someone knock on the door of my room. "Hey lil sis, time to wake up!" By the voice and their way of addressing me, I knew it was sis who knocked on my door.

"I'm up! I'll be right out!" I loudly responded to sis. After a minute, I had finished changing and stepped out of my room and into the royal chambers corridor. Once there, I saw all my family gathered there.

"Is today the day when you will challenge Rumia?" Big sis asked me.

I nodded in response. I was already preparing myself mentally for the battle, but I still couldn't help but shiver slightly when I thought of the sphere of darkness. Then everyone started to reassure me.

"Don't worry, you'll do fine." Big sis told me.

"You got this lil sis!" Sis said.

"Just try your best and you'll do splendidly," Orin said while lightly smacking my back.

"Good luck!" Okuu gleefully yelled.

"Thanks, everyone! I'll do my best to make you all proud!" I responded to all their statements of encouragement.

"You'll make us proud regardless of how well you do!" Orin told me.

"You guys make it sound like I'll lose." I pouted. "Just watch me! I'll show you that I can do this by myself...by the way, will any of you be watching me when I do this?"

They all laughed loudly in response to my words, but all of them except sis slowly shook their heads.

"Sorry Ayaka, I have a pile of urgent paperwork that needs to be completed right now or else there would be severe repercussions." Big sis answered.

"I'm sorry, but the temperature of the Hell of Blazing Fires is rapidly lowering, so I have to look for corpses to bring back. However, I will be going to the Surface, so I can accompany you there, but I won't be able to stay for the battle." Orin informed me.

"Sorry as well Ayaka, I have to go recharge the nuclear furnace to start heating up the Hell of Blazing Fires and to prevent it from cooling too much before Orin returns," Okuu added.

'They mentioned this Hell of Blazing Fires again. I remember Mio also saying something about this place, I wonder what it is.' I thought to myself.

"What is this Hell of Blazing Fires that you are talking about." I decided to ask Orin and Okuu.

"It's the place that the hole in the Untamed Garden leads to. It used to be the place where criminals were banished, but that place changed locations a few years ago. Now it primarily serves as a sort of prison for vengeful spirits. Although it is like a prison, it could also be called a playground for them because of the high heat of the place." Orin explained.

"I see... thank you," I said to Orin while starting to think to myself.

'So it's the place where vengeful spirits are located and where they play. Maybe I should visit it in the future to test out my spirit seer title. Actually, would vengeful spirits be the best spirits to test this ability on? Given their name, I'd imagine they would be aggressive and not as open to conversation. I'll talk to Orin later about this. I should stop stalling for time and leave for the Surface now.'

"I'm off now, wish me luck!" I told my family before moving toward the door to the Great Foyer.

"""Good luck!""" Big sis, Orin, and Okuu all said to me.