Chapter 4-Glitter Beard

The manor itself was beautiful and its Victorian style made it feel homely. Narcissa look after the manor as it was passed down between the sisters, excluding Andromeda until they had sorted out the magic removing her from being banned after their parents died. The dark theme felt inviting and entering the living room was the rest of my pack. Warmth filled my heart as looked round the room but even more when my gaze landed on Bella. She knew I was there thanks due to our bond, I could feel the relief and excitement, but she did not turn my way; too engrossed in the conversation with Andromeda.

Andromeda was the spitting image of Bellatrix apart from her eyes, instead of the colour being a dark brown they were a much lighter colour. Happy that my mate was happy. Luna and Neville were talking away in hushed tones, Pansy was chatting away with Narcissa as Draco drifted over to her; wrapping his arm around her waist, the Weasley twins stood beside Fleur and Bill however there was someone who held Fred's hand.

He was a couple inches shorter than Fred a height of about 5'9, well built, dark brown hair that was tied up in a bun with a neatly trimmed beard. He was dressed in a dark tan shirt, blue jeans that was complete with a gold buckle that had a bull on it, and brown boots. A very cowboy look apart from the pale skin and missing a cowboy hat...oh never mind. I realised it was on the hat rack that Narcissa near the doorway. Something about him caused a flicker of recognition and it wasn't until he looked my way with a massive grin that I knew who he was.

It clicked who he was, admittedly he wasn't covered in glitter and rainbows. "Glitter Dan?!" His grin seemed to get even bigger and his eyes shined with fondness. "Honey Hermione!" Nickname still stuck huh. I forgot that I had passed details onto Fred all that time ago and thanks to me being so busy, I hadn't had the time to catch up with him since the Tri-wizard tournament kicked off. Suffering with some guilt that I forgot to contact my muggle friend that most of my packmates had made at pride I headed towards him. His big frame wrapped around me even though I was taller than him, he still manage to almost suffocate me in his arms.

His scent was different from last time, it smelt not only more like Fred but there was something more citrussy about it; and he smelt like death. I was alarmed but he was alive, I could tell by his heartbeat; admittedly a slow one. A suspiciously slow one. Keep an eye on him. Keep him safe. I could feel a rush of jealousy and possessiveness from Bellatrix. 'Who the fuck is that muddy?' Her voice hissed in my mind like a snake, sending shivers down my spine; I reassured her through our bond, but that little to stop Bellatrix's possessiveness. 'Bella he's a friend. And may I remind you, and he's apparently Fred's partner.' I couldn't help but feel turned on by Bella's envy even if it was unwarranted. "Hemione, beautiful as ever honey; it has been too long. I cannot believe you introduced me to my own boyfriend and you are a part of such a wonderful world. I knew there was something different about you!"

I let out a huff of laughter because despite Dan looking like he could murder anyone now, he had not changed from the man I had met many months ago. "Charming as ever Daniel. My apologies for not staying in contact, I have been super busy but I know it is not an excuse. I guess it may or may not been a plan of mine that I can see has worked exceedingly well." I could already see that Dan did not hold any sadness towards me for not keeping in contact. "All is forgiven Honey, though we need to catch up." His eyes widen in awe as I felt Bellatrix sidle up behind me and wrap her arms around my waist, pulling me into her.

"Oh this must be the mate? Oh my god aren't you gorgeous!" his compliment seemed to lessen Bella's jealousy however her possessiveness was still there. "How do you know this muggle man then my darling?" Internally I swooned at the nickname just as all the others as Dan answered just as Fred came up next him, grabbing his hand. "A lot less rainbow now but it was a Pride event in London. Oh Hermione would not shut up about how much she wanted you there." I felt Bella's glee through our bond as she heard that, I couldn't stop myself from blushing. "Yes well you had a lot less glitter too and you wouldn't stop flirting with Draco!" Bella's body shook with laughter as Draco called out in alarm. "I DIDN'T ENCOURAGE IT!" Everyone laughed and a little weight had eased off my shoulders. Though my worry sat in the back of my mind about Dan's slower than human heartbeat. 

Two chapters today! I will work on expanding them out from now on, as I never noticed how short they were as an avid reader myself, I know how frustrating that can be so forgive me.

Hope you enjoyed!