Prologue

I cringed as I recalled what happen last night. It was all blurry and those memories that flashes in my mind were fragments of my kagagahan last night. Fuck.

Napahilot ako sa sintido ko sabay baling sa tumatawang kaibigan. Mga letche!

They were all laughing at me because of what happened last night. Masiyado akong nahumaling sa ambiance kagabi at napa-inom nang mas marami kaysa sa inaasahan ko.

My eyes shut tight when a fragment of memory flashed. Me and my best friend fell at the sand. Oh shit!

"Maureen, who's that boy that you'd cry on last night? Damn! The playgirl must have been played." Kyle commented with a grin in his face. It must be a delight news to him to know that his play girl friend has been played in which I will never admit. Mamatay man!

I glared at him.

"You'll shut up or I'll tell Cane to break up with you," I responded and grabbed Raffy water. Tumawa lang si Kyle at tumakbo sa kaibigan naming nasa tubig na't nagsasaya.

Meanwhile, Raffy and I were left at the cottage. Nandirito naman si Gwen pero I think she went at the comfort room. I drank Raffy's water while he was silent beside me. I silently endured my headache samahan pa ng halos lumulutang kong utak ngayon.

"You remember what you did?" He suddenly uttered when the silence was hovered. I shook my head.

"Just fragments of it,"I replied with a hoarsed voice. The liquor last night left my throat dry. Napabaling ako sa kaniya. He nod.

"Mabuti naman. Better forget it," he responded. That made me creased my forehead.

"Why? Did I happen to do something embarrassing?" I asked. He sighed and then later shook his head.

"Nope. But your too heartbroken that the sober you will surely die from embarrassment," he said. That made my lips agape.

I surely looked like a wasted broken hearted play girl mourning for the unrequited love. Oh my!

I swallowed hard and nodded.

"Just forget about it. Consider it as one of my melt down." I told him and that made him look at me. His expressive eyes somewhat made me panic. His anger was very evident at his expressive eyes.

I gulped. This is the first time he showed me his anger. It somewhat made me a scared kitten.

"W-what's with you? Having a bad day?" I uttered , trying to make the tension between us calm. He scoffed.

"You never told us who is it." He curtly said though I know what he was insinuating.

"Tss. Come on, Raf. Don't be bothered, okay? I was drunk last night. No, I was wasted. Hindi ko na alam ang pinaggagawa ko. Let us not dwell too much about it." I responded and smiled when I saw Joshua chasing Jacel who still has her clothes dry. The boys then joined the two and Jacel was really annoyed when she was thrown at the water, fully clothes.

Raffy scoffed once again.

"Really, Maureen? You seriously think we'll believe that ---?" he spatted.

"Then don't! No one's forcing you to believe my excuses!" I said, cutting him off midway. Annoyed.

"We protected you yet you still cried over some boy...," he then uttered with a small voice. That made me looked at him. His eyes seemed sad.

"W-what?" I asked. He shook his head and walked away. Nakatingin lang ako habang naglalakad siya papalayo. Nang pumasok siya sa lobby ng hotel bumaling na lang ako sa kaibigan naming umaahon na mula sa tubig.