Raffy Ishmael Buenavista

Masaya ang lahat nang magsi-uwian. They were talking about the experience they have here sa resort.

"I'll talk to dad about visiting this resort with the fam. " I overheard Gwen talking from behind. I was just mindlessly tailing the pack that I didn't even noticed the people around me.

She's talking to Raffy. The guy just looked at him and nod. It was quite a while known that she likes Raffy. All of our friends knows her feelings for him but that damn jerk was just nonchalant about it. He leveled his pace with hers that's why they were falling behind from the group.  Sila lang rin dalawa ang nasa likod. Raf was holding one of my baggage. Nakasabit sa balikat niya ang duffel bag ko habang hawak niya sa isang kamag ang dalawang tent. On his other shoulder was probably his baggage and at his other hand were Gwen's bag.

My forehead creased when I noticed that he has too many bag carrying. Napabaling ako kay Gwen. Ah, yeah. That's why. I sighed and stopped my track, waiting the two.

Raffy was the first one to notice me before Gwen. He raised his brow and walked towards me hurriedly.

"Give me my bag," I said when he stood in front of me. Gwen fell behind because with Raffy's long legs surely she can't just instantly caught up with his pace.

"Why? Do you need anything from this bag?" He asked with a creased forehead. I sighed and pointed the bags his carrying.

He's a bit masculine now with some biceps flexing as he withdraw his hold at the tents pero nakakaawa na mang tignan. He looked more of a hotel staff than our friend because of the bags he was carrying.

I didn't responded and just got the bag from his shoulder. Wala na man siyang nagawa because his hands were full.

"Maurine!" he called out but I left the both of them in an instant. I just waved my hands at him and caught up with my friends.

I halted when I saw Popo talking to a girl. Oh, this is new. He was flashing his boyish grin as the girl laughed at something he said. I grinned.

Payback time, Emmanuel.

"Love? What the hell are you doing?! Are you seriously cheating in front of me?!" I spatted. My cousin's eyes grew wide and later became daggers.

"Shut up, Mau-" he spoke but I instantly cut him off.

"Oh now. You're making me shut up?! My God, Emmanuel! I'm pregnant and you're flirting with another wo-" I haven't finished my words because he got slapped by the woman and instantly left.

I halted and laughed. I was even holding my tummy as I was laughing damn hard. My cousin's eyes grew wide once again as she held his cheek.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Maurine?!" He angrily said.

Mabilis akong nagmaang-maangan.

"What? It was not my intention to get you slap, Po. I was just playing . . . like you did last time!" I fired. Akala niya ba I forgot about the time he made me look like a damn two-timer?

He angrily looked at me. I just grimaced and rolled my eyes at him before walking away.

"You brat!" he angrily shrieked. That made me laughed.

"Serves you right, cous." I replied as I faced him again. That's when I realized that he was seriously pissed off. Ipinagsawalang-bahala ko nalang iyon.

I was heading outside of the resort since the van was already waiting in there. My friends were probably in there and were just waiting for us. I walked at the sand with my sandals when I almost fall when someone bumped me from the back.

"Fuck!" I cursed.

"Shit, I'm sorry." She said and helped me stood properly. Her forehead then creased while staring at me. "Maurine Ivonne?" She uttered. That made my forehead creased too.

"Do I know you?" I inquired. That made her blinked.

"A-ah. H-hindi. Sorry nga pala ulit. A-alis na 'ko ha," she responded and ran away. What a weird girl.

"Do you know her?" I almost jump when Popo stood beside me. His face were too serious, no trace of annoyance from the stunt I pulled a while ago. He was eyeing the woman too, who was then slowly disappearing with the crowd of tourist.

I shook my head.

"Nope. She just happen to bumped me. He helped me to stood properly and apologize." I replied. He nodded. He was really serious now. Kung seryoso siya kung no'ng nagtanong siya na sino ang lalaki'ng iniyakan ko, mas doble or triple pa ang pagiging seryosoa niya ngayon.

"Good. Don't talk to her again," he responded and tugged me along with him. 

"Common lovers! Bilisan niyo, uwing-uwi na ako." Vallyrie shouted. She was already inside the van. Napailing na lang ako sa kaniya. Sinisigawan niya kasi sina Raf at Gwen kahit pa nakasunod lang naman ang mga ito sa amin ng pinsan ko.

I sat at the back while Popo sat with Sophia and Gwen. Raffy was the last one to get in. Gwen allotted him a seat behind her but he just told Kyle to sit there, that they'll exchange. Kyle was sitting with me, at kahit anong pagmumuni-muni ay 'di ko magawa dahil sa ka-abnoyan niya!

He'll be the end of me, swear!

"You good?" Raffy asked when he took his seat beside me. I nodded.

"Yeah, that goodness you exchanged seats. Baka 'di ako makapagpigil at bigwasan ko na talaga 'yan!"I responded, a bit annoyed. He laughed and messed my hair.

We grew silent and that when I decided to take my phone out. When I opened it, the bitter taste in my mouth once again resurfaced as my stomach felt hallow.

I haven't exited our chats pala. Mabilis na nawala ang gana ko sa pagce-cellphone pero I urged myself to just exit the app and went to spotify. I connected my phone at the speaker the boys brought and played some musics in full volume.

"Woohoooo! Now, this is road trip!" Kyle shouted indulgently. The van started travelling and slowly  everyone felt tired.

Tahimik ako buong byahe pauwi. I was just looking outside the window as my thought became bitter.

The whole ride was silent because everyone was really tired. We were drop off at a mall since we decided to just eat out for dinner before finally going home. Everyone agreed naman. During the whole ride, Raffy was leaning his head at my shoulder. He sure was really tired. He asleep as a baby. So, I leaned at the backrest and held his face so he won't be awaken if the driver would speed up or hit the break.

Now that we're in front of the mall, and everyone went out. I tried waking him up.

"Hoy, Raffy Ismael Buenavista! Gising na oy, 'wag kang masiyado'ng chansing sa pinsan ko!" Popo annoyingly said as he knocked at the window. Napasimangot ako sa pinsan ko.

Mukhang nagising talaga siya ni Popo dahil sa lakas ba naman ng boses niya sabayan pa ng katok niya. His eyes were awake now but he didn't move an inch.

"Oh, to be awaken beside you. . ." he mindlessly uttered.