Chapter 01

"Uh, right!" I uttered and started following him. I tried playing it cool, as if the message he sent me didn't matter at all. I want him to see me as the one who does not care at all. I'd rather have him mislead about my feelings for him.

"Where are you going?" he uttered when I was about to go at some random doors. I don't care kahit pa kitchen nila ang mapasukan ko. As long as I can just escape him.

The longer we stay together, the more his poison will kill this throbbing heart of mine.

"B-bathroom nga!" I spatted. Napapikit ako nang mariin nang manginig ang boses ko. Bullshit!
I prayed silently that he didn't noticed my voice shook yet he's not deaf. Lalong hindi siya tanga.

"You're trying to escape from me, aren't you?" He stated as he faced me. I gulped.

"Why would I?" I responded, a bit nervous. The silenced stretched between us as he was just looking at me intently. I was never been intimidated until his pair of eyes found me.

I stared back at him, holding back any tears. I won't cry. Not in front of this guy. Lalo pa at ang tingin niya sa akin ay mapaglaro. My heart breaks for a man who can’t see my real intention towards him.

" I see you've read the messages I've sent. I don’t know kung sinasadya mo bang dito kayo kumain o ano. I felt sorry sending you those messages pero nang makita kitang nakahilig sa balikat niya? I guess, putting everything an end to your game is the right choice. I know you. . . very well. “ He uttered with conviction and judgement.

I I unconsciously bit my lower lip as I look down.

" Never naman pala nagbago ang tingin mo sakin. " I commented with a hoarsed voice.

" It changed. I almost believed what I saw in the past few weeks. It changed for a while. But, I’m sure just making myself look fool. Someone told me that you and that guy are a thing! " He responded. I shook my head lightly, bearing a painful smirk.

“You rather believe Frances than my feelings. “ I stated, biting my tongue. I don’t want to spill more. My chest is aching, throbbing like it was pierced by thousands of needles.

“ She knows you well. I know you too. “ He replied coldly. His tone was laced with judgement and convictions.

" Well then. You cannot have the same chance twice, Maven. It's not my fault that you don't trust my feelings for you, Maven. I know I told you before I won't stop running after you but now? I don't even have a reason to do that anymore. You don't trust me, and my feelings. Sapat na 'yon para pahintuin ako." I said and looked at his eyes directly. I saw a glint of pain crossed his face.

I nibbled my lips as I silently hope my tears won't fall. His cold treatment always get in me. I wonder when will he be soft on me. I was still staring at him in the eye and spoke.

"You're desperation to put me to stop is enough, Mav. Thanks for the fun chase, then. I must give a credit for making the “playgirl" chase after the “Mighty Maven".  "I hissed and went inside the bathroom, slamming the door shut.

Few tears escape from my eyes. But, I instantly wiped it off. I powdered my face and re-applied my lipstick. I then looked at myself in the mirror. I am tall. I have a nice body, and aq beautiful face. My pointy nose perfectly fitted on my small face-frame. My plump lips and my cat-eyes were precisely put together. I have a long wavy hair that most of my friends are envious of. This must be the reason why he's so distant.

The long queue of my suitors and boys that are enthralled with my charm and beauty makes him think that I'm up to play him. Kasi, why him? There's a lot more better than him. All my suitors and boys are wealthy, prominent, generous, and they express their feelings for me.

I shook my head. They may be all that those girls want, but not me. If only Maven could hear my list of reasons why him. He wouldn't be this distant, would he?

I was busy throwing a pity-party when I noticed my phone ringing. Raffy was calling.

" Where are you? You're not with the girls. " He asked as soon as I answered the call. I rolled my eyes.