Chapter 20

17 / 3/2013 22:25 UK time.

Hi everyone just posted chapter 20 before I head off to bed. Let me know what you think.

Are you “Team Miles” or “Team Serge?”

22:31

Wow, just realised I’ve got over one million reads! Thanks to all of you.

Rose was pleased with Serge’s business offer.  The deadline was tight but the brief was interesting and straightforward. He asked her to provide him with male and female models for the launch of a new luxurious spa in the New Forest in Hampshire. He had been let down at the last minute by a larger company, a rival of Rose and he wanted her to take over at short notice.

Her models would use and demonstrate the facilities for a couple of open days when VIPs and press would be invited, using the swimming pool and the beauty treatments and the gymnasium. It was a small project but Serge was prepared to pay a substantial fee because the deadline was so close.

There was also the incentive that should the launch go well then he would be looking for the same service for other spa resorts he was building, in the UK and overseas.

Rose accepted and Serge said the contract would be emailed to her first thing in the morning. She was excited by it, this was exactly the kind of break she had been hoping for; good job she was going into work tomorrow. She realised that she would have to seriously consider hiring a permanent nanny or taking Lloyd to a local nursery; Nathalie was too young to take on the role of full-time child minder for him and Rose really did need to free herself up a bit more for work.

Once the business side of their conversation was over, Serge asked after Rose and her family. He had met her Dad and Nathalie and remembered them with affection.

“Is your Dad still out in the Pacific?”

“Yes,” Rose smiled. “He loves it out there and his dive business is thriving. He chose well for a location. It’s beautiful and exclusive; it’s priced high but because of that it seems to be riding out the recession; it seems there are still plenty of customers who can afford “exclusive”. He’s taken on a couple more dive instructors and bought a new boat. He’s as happy as I’ve seen him since Mum died.”

“Nathalie?”

Rose smiled wistfully this time. “She’s growing so fast; she’s a real beauty but still lacks a bit of confidence I’m afraid, it all stems back to losing Mum. She is talented at art and design and wants to go into the fashion or textile business. She is doing a kind of interim foundation study year to develop her portfolio and skills and she has been accepted into the London College of Art for next September. She’s done really well, competition was intense. Dad and I are so proud of her.”

“She is a real sweetheart. Is she seeing anyone special yet?”

“No one special that I know of. I think she has developed a crush on one of Lloyd’s bodyguards, at least I think it’s a crush, it might be something more. She tells me most things but not everything; Helen has been great, she has developed a warm and supportive relationship with her.”

Serge looked quizzically at Rose, “Helen? Do I know her?”

“Oh, yes, sorry, she is Miles’s mum. She has spent quite a bit of time with us recently.”

There was a lull in the conversation but Rose stared straight ahead. She really didn’t want to reveal too much about what was happening with her and Miles. He was bound to be curious about them, most people who knew them would be.