Chapter 6

Rose wasn’t sure if it was because she knew that Miles was in London and looking for her, but that night she dreamed of him. She dreamt they were making love. It felt so real that she could smell his skin and his sweat.

They were in bed, wrapped around each other and she couldn’t get enough of the feel of his smooth toned body against hers. She arched her head back as he sucked on her nipples then caressed them with his thumb as he moved his mouth to hers, kissing her passionately and unrestrainedly. She was wet and writhing with urgency for him, she could feel him huge and erect pushing against the inside of her thighs and she wrapped her legs around him to draw him closer. As he moved to thrust inside her he brushed his lips against her cheek and her ear.

“I love you Rose…need you Rose……”

Rose groaned and sought his mouth again, but instead found just empty air........

The dream must have lasted just minutes, maybe seconds, but she woke up drenched and aching with longing for him. It was so real that briefly she had believed he was in bed with her. Frustrated, she pulled a pillow over her face and howled into it. She curled up into a ball and rocked herself, hugging the pillow and crying. She felt as bad as she had in the first days and weeks after he left.

“Please come back, please come back, I love you” she whispered over and over.

Eventually her tears dried up and the ache inside her eased. The flat was quiet, both Lloyd and Nathalie still fast asleep.

She stretched out on her bed, and breathed long and slow breaths, relaxing herself. Soon now, she was certain, she would be seeing him face to face and she would need to be really strong because she knew that she might have a big battle on her hands over Lloyd; and her worry was that she didn’t know what weapons he might use to try to win.

She had originally considered Miles to have integrity and to always act in the best interests of those he loved, but after the way he had behaved when he left her she was nervous about their future dealings.

But her biggest weakness was her love for him. She must remain strong and not allow him to walk all over her, but how would she achieve that when just dreaming of him could turn her to mush?