two | it was her

two

it was her

[Mr. Forgettable - David Kushner]
1:03 ─〇───── 3:06
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻
❝hello, hello? do you know me? i'm called mr. forgettable❞

IT WAS THE next day, and JJ Maybank was still in the same sorrowful disposition. Ever since Mel Welsh's body was discovered, he had to sleep in the lounge, on a pull-out. Surprisingly, he didn't find it uncomfortable - that wasn't the problem.

The problem was that he wasn't allowed to cuddle with his girl.

JJ secretly loved affection, he adored hugging Braeden, kissing her and even just being around her. He felt as though she was the light in his life.

And that light was slowly dying. And there was nothing more he could do to help. To save her.

"Yo," John B appeared from the front yard with a beer in his hand.

JJ looked at the alcoholic beverage with raised eyebrows, "Isn't it too early to be drinking, dude?"

JB chuckled, "God, you sound like Braeden."

Silence.

Silence took over. The pogues normally didn't enjoy discussing her, since it always brought the mood down. JJ sighed, "Yeah, I do. Speaking of, I'm gonna go check on her."

As JJ stood up and began strutting towards her door, John B stood in his way, making JJ unable to see her, "Are you sure that's a good idea?" He asked with caution.

JJ looked at him, dumbfounded, "Of course, I'm sure, JB." And JJ moved his best friend out of the way and proceeded to check on his girl. Hopefully today she'll talk to him.

"Brae?" JJ knocked.

No answer.

"I'm gonna come in," He spoke and slowly opened the door, and what was there was not what he was expecting.

Braeden was nowhere to be seen. Everything that was there before, was still in the same position. JJ began to freak out, "JB! Come in here!" He yelled and in a matter of seconds, John B appeared from the kitchen.

Once he arrived, his eyes opened wide, "What the fuck, where is she?"

"I don't know! That's why I called for you!" JJ spoke with dejection, "We have to find her!"

Both of the teens began running around the chateau, yelling Braeden's name. They frantically tore the place apart, searching every crevasse of the property. JJ entered their room again, hoping to find a clue as to where she disappeared to.

Nothing.

That was until he ran out the front door. He held his hand at the top of his forehead, as the sun was blearing in his eyes. JJ saw a silhouette at the docks, walking down to the boneyard beach, leisurely. He squinted his eyes and cried out Braeden's name again. This time, the unknown figure turned around at the yell of her name, but only turned back around again and continued walking.

"John B!" JJ shouted before beginning to run towards her. If it was her, he couldn't believe that she would leave the chateau, finally.

John B heard his cry for help and also began rushing to the beach. JJ was at a shortage of breath, holding his chest like he usually does when stressed or his anxiety gradually beckons out.

JJ finally made it to what he thought was Braeden - the girl who had been dealing with the death of her mother, the girl who's dark thoughts were swimming throughout her mind. he was appalled that she managed to move, let alone leave their residence.

"Brae?" JJ whispered. The figure turned around.

It was her.

Braeden looked deep in JJ's once happy eyes, tears forming in her own. She had her usual violet bags under her pools. Her once tanned skin, pale as snow, however her glow seemed to come back once she stepped outside in the incandescent sun.

"JJ..." Braeden muttered, weakness in her tonality. She half-smiled (god how he missed that smile).

JJ's breath was still limiting. But this time, it wasn't because of all the running he had just endured - it was because of his beautiful girlfriend, whom was speaking to him again for the first time in ages. He smiled, tears forming in his irises.

Braeden gradually walked toward the boy, her hand landing on his warmed cheek, her fingers grazing on his skin. She leaned in slowly, their lips (that had not managed to touch in a long duration) almost touching when-

JJ shot up from the couch he had been sleeping on, sweat dripping from his temples. His breath was shortened, like the dream he had just had. He held his chest in exasperation and squinted his eyes shut, when John B entered the room, concerned.

"Yo, you alright, man?" He asked his closest friend. JJ rapidly looked towards JB's way and removed his hand from his sternum.

JJ nodded his head and took a deep (and needed) breath, "Yeah, yeah no I'm all good."

John B knew he was lying, however he didn't want to pressure him, so all he did was nod his head and leave the room, leaving JJ in a paranoid and saddened state. JJ shook his head, suddenly becoming profusely upset over the dream. He so wished it was real - Braeden leaving the chateau, healing, and talking to her boyfriend once again.

But, no. It wasn't real - and JJ had to accept that. He got up from the uncomfortable couch and poured himself a glass of water, hoping his dry mouth would be salivated.

When drinking the liquid, he thought to himself if he should check on Braeden again. He didn't want to pressure her. He knew she needed time to heal, however he has put in the maximum effort in and he just doesn't know how to help her.

He put down the empty glass and walked toward their- well, her room now. He opened the door, slowly and what he saw didn't surprise him, only saddened him even more.

Braeden was on her chair, her head in an uncomfortable position, almost cramping, and she was asleep. It wouldn't make a difference, she still wouldn't talk to him.

JJ felt as though he had been crying way too much ever since Mel's death and Braeden's after effect of it; he felt almost weak and unmanly.

So he demanded the choking tears that were begging to exit his eyes to be pushed back, but still walked into the room anyway. He walked to the windowsill that was facing Braeden, and sat. Even though Braeden has changed beyond recognition, he still believed she was the most beautiful girl he had ever laid eyes on.

He didn't know what to do anymore.

So he left the room, without looking back.