Chapter 4: No Hierarchy of Height

The Eternal Magical Tree, Vol. 1

Story by Titus Kon (Pen Name)

Cover art NOT owned by Author.

This book is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents are the product of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events, locales, or persons, living or dead, is coincidental.
——————————————————

'How long was I asleep that I decided to return to my present.' I thought as I woke up to see tents in my garden. These were humans, yet they had hair and styles I had never seen before. Rainbow range of hair color, either they dyed it or evidently this wasn't my earth. They had a shrine or alter by the backside. Well, I had the ability to see a whole 360 degrees around me. But, I had chosen subconsciously which side was my frontside and backside; now watching as the other trees seemed happy to have their space taken away. I kept quiet, as I heard them speak among each other only to stop. They had noticed me, their Queen was awake. Even though they whispered out of respect for me. This was nice to hear and see. Now looking at the humans talking a language or rather moving their mouths but only noise.

Some would approach the altar and pray, leaving me unsure of what to make of it. Time, to me, is a constant, with hunger being nonexistent. It becomes a distant moment, more removed than most experiences. I can watch days and nights unfold like episodes of a series on a couch. Amidst my observations, there was an old man who seemed to connect with the trees. The others appeared pleased, as if he understood something about them, perhaps advising against picking fruits from specific trees. Curious, I asked the group, "Hey, do you all think he understands us?"

"Tree, beast is true."
"Free monster knows."
"It kinder speaks us."

The trees ranted on about the old man, a monologue that seemed endless until I intervened, "Bring me him."

Simple words proved more effective with their peanut brains. They mumbled collectively, making it challenging to decipher anything without forming my initial hypothesis. While I could converse in plant language, deciphering animal language was an entirely different realm. Understanding tree language was already a struggle, as any sentence longer than three words became a different subject to them. The workaround involved displaying aggressive behavior, something plants feared irrationally.

Observing the man in question, he appeared to genuinely love plants and exuded kindness. However, they had branches entwined around the place, indicating a connection. Others, less considerate, roamed the area cutting down trees that fell silent upon attack. The passivity of the trees in such situations made me contemplate the distinction between sentient and non-sentient. I refrained from interaction due to my unease with their actions as humans.

It took three nights for my request to yield a response, with the others proving less than cooperative. Suddenly, a notification arrived, breaking the silence.

3. Assist Growth and Harmony (mana rich equality of D-grade) of your Domain.
Reward: 1500Exp
Status: Completed ✔️

Having completed my requirements for evolution, the anticipated process unfolded. Yet, the man approached me, bowing to the altar and drawing a crowd. I failed to understand the need for such commotion, choosing instead to focus on my own evolution. As he placed his hand on me, the transformation began.

••••

[Class Available Affiliations]
⭐️⭐️ (Class: Aura Sentient Plant)
Description: A type of tree that extends over into the domain of the fauna; environmental influence is enforced. Such features known by the species of Animalia are exhibited.
Acclimation Change Duration: 147 days approximately.