{11} Preview...

{a small preview of the next chapter}

Smallvile, Kansas

It was a clear sunny day on the Kent's family farm the moving trucks were just finishing up with the final unloading. Once everything had been brought back into the house and put in their rightful places the hired movers closed up and started to drive off into the distance.

A small group on the porch watched them leave; Clark with Lois hugged close to his side as they sat on the fixed porch swing, and then there Bruce who was leaning against the sturdy post near the steps, one foot crossed over the other. The screen door creaked open behind them.

"It was so nice of you guys to stay and help with all the moving back in. And thank you Mr. Wayne for the extra movers." Martha Kent says while stepping out from the house and onto the porch. She came with holding a small tray carrying 6 glasses of freshly squeezed lemonade. Her son and future daughter in law both took one from her when she offered it towards them. Then, she turned to the finely dark suited billionaire who apparently didn't seem to noticed the older woman approaching him and turned her head see exactly what—who had his usually aware senses occupied.

He was starting at the newly sun-blonde tattooed beauty who sat on top of the small shed a few meters away from them. Shivani looked out facing the land ahead, oblivious to any watching eyes while she twiddled her dings. The expression on her face gave away that she was deep in thought about something that seemed troubling. Again.

"So Bruce. How long have you two been together?" Martha piped up, finally getting his attention as he snapped out of his gazing.

"Uh, ah no, ma'am. We aren't, um—"

"They aren't together Ma." Clark says for him.

"Not yet." Lois adds with a knowing smile.

"Very funny." Bruce takes the cup held out to him, "Thank you."

"Well she's very lovely." Martha smiles, "Her and her friend...Rott, is it?"

The companion in question looked up from his current task which he'd been working on from afar. Big ears giving a twitch towards their direction. His orange eyes glanced over at the group and Mrs. Kent  gave a friendly smile and wave to the canine, who quickly ducked his head and hid his snout in the batch of flowers carried in his arms that he planned on planting in the dark soil below his feet.

"He's very helpful. And very strong, almost as strong as you Clark."

{the full chapter will be out 12/7}