{3}

Things That Go Bump In The Night

{}{•}{}

"NO!"

Shivani found herself sitting up in her bed staring wide eyed at the darkness of her room once again, heart racing and drenched in sweat, clothes clinging to her skin. Another nightmare. At the end of each day she'd end up laying down for sleep—only to wake up in terror radiating pure fear. The tattooed beauty hugged herself, rubbing her arms. This wasn't anything new to her, she could deal with it. A small whimper fell from her lips as the dream replayed in her mind.

Shivani honestly just wanted Diablo back.

Her head whipped to the right at the sound of a creak coming from her balcony as the doors slowly opened letting the cold night air in. The shadow of a figure appeared. And a snout stuck through the space of the doors and sniffed.

"I'm dreaming..."

She watched from her bed as Rott crept in from the balcony into her room fully. Fiery eyes staring at her underneath his hood as the young woman shivered.

"...Not dreaming."

Her hand went up to rub the spot on her arm where his face would be but it indeed wasn't there.How the hell was he out like this? And for how long?! His dark tattered attire was even more tattered looking than usual. Almost as if he had been freed from her skin for a while now. He took a step forward into the room. Only one. The two of them just stared at the other. Shivani wanted to run, but he was faster than her.

His jaw moved and his mouth opens, the moonlight reflecting off his sharp teeth—before it immediately snapped close as the ears underneath his hood caught a noise out in the woods closet to the mansion. She watched him go completely still.

There was a twitch of his nose. Then another sniff followed by a growl. And in a blink of an eye he was gone and back out into the night. She stared at the place he just was. Shocked and confused. After a moment everything was just silent as she waited to see if he'd come back. Until the sudden sound of thunder roared from on coming storm clouds in the causing Shivani to squeak and hid under her fluffy covers. It wasn't long until it started to rain. The cold soon made its way into her room from the balcony doors still being open.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to close it.

The thunder calmed as the storm started to pass. She had at least been under the covers for a good 10 minutes now. The rain wasn't hitting as hard either. Slowly her fingers grasped her covers and peaked her head over.

And came face to face with Rott.

Shivani gasped. He was hovering over her closely, drenched from the rain, droplets hitting her face from trailing down his nose. Before she could utter a word he fell upon her in a puff of dark smoke that sinks into her skin, becoming apart of her tattoos once more. She looked over at the balcony and saw that the doors had been closed shut and locked. Sitting up in her bed once more she stroked the tattoo of Rott which shimmered before filling completely. So many questions rattled in her brain.