half update! +story

So, it's been....2 years....a long while to say the least. To be honest I lost my passion for this for a long while. And I felt so guilty about leaving you all in the dark after seeing all of your praise and love for it. After all, I started writing this because I couldn't find any good ones myself. So, I finally found a bit of motivation again. I'm working on the eighth chapter and I've hit a bit of a roadblock. You see, Korra isn't like Atla. There's massive time jumps between small plot points. It's hard to keep on saying "it's been a few days" "its been a few weeks" it feels repetitive, but there's nothing else I can do. I'm not sure where to start now. Seeing as korras main group is so close together it's also hard to force y/n into the group. So, right now I'm writing a sort of....fluff chapter. A bit of a fun bit with y/n. But I dont know what major event to put the Mc into next. To those of you willing to watch the series, could you maybe give me a good idea of where to start the timing of this next chapter?

I appreciate you all so much, for your patience and loyalty. I'll try not to make you all wait 2 years for the next update again. And because I hate having a new chapter without at least a little bit of story, let me put what I have so far for chapter 8 right here, as a treat :)

______________________________________________

I spend a the next few weeks walking around the city, learning the streets and layout of the city. What is where and what gangs seem prevalent. I don't see the group for days. I consider going to the island but sleeping in a literal dirt hole doesn't seem that appealing. I consider that Amon had done and said, taking bending way wasn't even a thing in my time. Maybe disabling a person but not just with bending. It's scary to think about but I honestly can't remember how this ended in history. It had to end well right? Korras story didn't end here. I knew that. I just wish I remembered more.

Korra was one of the more mentioned names to me. The leaders always insisted I should control the avatar state. Always pushing in ways they thought would make it easier to control. That fine, wonderful balance. While she wasn't the post popular, nor memorable history lesson, she was the cause of one of the greatest personal issues I have spiritually as an avatar. I can't connect with anyone before her, though I've tried. It's like they're faded. Partially erased from a page but you can still see the smudge marks left behind. Admitedly it's not something I focused on. How terrible a situation I was in, my ancestors spirits have little to offer. So what's the point of allowing them to watch me and be dissapointed?

On my morning walk about the streets I see more people about their day. Tired looks in their eyes, tired from their life? Home? Others are beaming, smiling with goods and chatting over the latest fine satomobiles. Vehicles have changed. Times have changed. Most literally. 

As I pass by the shops and goods, I can't help but hear...activity in the alleyways. Quiet whispers, cloth, and coin. It's then that I notice people on the streetstalls staring towards the alley, protection.

I turn the other way, not wanting to get absorbed into anything ulterior.  I'm low on food again, fresh water has been easy to come by. I've been thinking of starting a farm, something that will produce food quickly and that'll actually be nutritious. However, I've never farmed before, or ever really touched many plants...still....I look towards the plant nursery...maybe...

"S-so the peaches need...how much water again?" "Ah!" The loud helper screams for the eighth time this conversation. "I told you! No measurement! You need to give it enough water to penetrate the roots! The roots! Dig holes in the dirt if you need to! Enough to soak the dirt! The diiiirrrt!" She growls, clenching a fistful of the moist dirt from one of the two pots she shoved into my arms, the leaves, as gorgeous a blue as they are, make it hard to see. "See this?! Too dry! Waaaatteerrr." She growls again. Right in my face. I pull back. Shes...obsessed to say the least. "And moon peaches need direct to indirect sun! The leaves may look dine but they wilt! And no more sweet fruit for you! And breathe on them a lot! You hear me?! They like wind! Makes for strong stalks!" She continues screaming, I feel so done with this, she sees my tired uncertain glare. "Now, that will be 10 silver." She says, holding out her hand and flicking her fingers. I sigh.

Walking out of that store with two giant sapling trees, posts, and a giant bag of dirt slung over my shoulder is far more than I expected when I walked in. "Oh come on. All of this? Ugh, I wish I'd just bought dinner instead. " something in the night creates a chill in the air. A snowflake falls on my nose. Ah, right, winter. The air has been getting colder and colder recently. The first snow of the season. I've never...been so close to it, with no one watching me and no one there to force me back inside. The cold all around me and for once in my life it's not a cement room. In the night I make my way through the mostly empty streets back to the warehouse. I set the plants down by the area I beleive gets the most sun. Over the past few weeks I've been able to collect a few good things . A few antique pillows, a good two blankets, and a few good peices of cutlery and a bowl.