Chapter 5: Encounter

By this time I've already finished the pastry. I reach a large courtyard area with a statue of Fire bender in the center. A flame stretches out from the right palm. I don't know who the statue is meant to represent. Who was a famous fire bender around this time?

I notice someone siting at the base of the statue wearing colorful carnie clothes and an odd mustache. Theres a small ferret with him. Wait. That's a fire ferret! They were extinct in my time. It's interesting to look at one.
The fire ferret jumps and starts to walk down a short thin plank on it's two front paws, ending with a flip at the end as the man cheers for it. Now that I'm closer I notice its, Bolin? Was that his name? He was one of the guys who I saw the other night in the arena. What's he doing here?

All of a sudden a red car pulls up and a man in blue leans out the window.

"Hey, Bolin" The stranger says, "Is that you? "

"Oh,hey, there shady Shin." Bolin replies. What kind of name is that?

The man gets out and closes the car door.

"Heard you're a big time pro bending player now. Not bad"

"Uh, thanks."

The man quiets down a bit, "So listen, I got an offer for you. 'Lightning bolt'Zolt is looking to hire some extra muscle."

"Uh, I don't know Shin. Mako told me to stay away from the triple threats"

The man scoffs"Your brother ain't the boss of you. It's just a little security work. Nothing crooked. "He says as he reaches into his jacket and tosses a large wad of cash into the tin Bolin is holding. This can't be good.

Bolin stares down at the cash in shocked amazement. The man speaks again" You game? "

I feel someone bump me from behind and when I look back the person has already walked away, I must've been in their way. By the time I look to Bolin he's already gotten into the car with the man and driven off. This can NOT be good.

There's no way I can catch him at this rate, I have to find some other way to  help. I have no choice but to warn korra about this, she knows him maybe she'll help. No, I can't just walk up and demand she help me find her friend, how will I explain myself? I can't tell her yet, there will be a time for a meet and greet. For now I have to go on my own. I stop my a shop and find a black hooded jacket and scarf. This way when I'm stalking around nobody will be able to call out who I am, I just have to act like I belong.

I've been wandering through some back alleys all night, I stashed the food I had in the warehouse inside one of the empty boxes. I'll have to go back for it. Ive figured out from some snip it's of conersations I overheard that theres a headquarters for the "triple threats" Down a few streets from here, and that something big is going down. By now I'm headed my way to the building, I get on top of the roofs hopeing I could surprise anyone who tries to find me from above.

I hear some commotion from the street on the side of the building. When I look down, I see none other than Korra, her polar bear dog, and what was his name? Mako. The dog is chasing the small red ferret from earlier and it's cornered on a lamp post.

Mako exclaims "That's Pabu!"

Korra pulls at the dogs saddle"Pabu's a friend, not a snack"

The animals touch noses and Pabu climbs over onto Mako, resting around his neck as he holds it. "We gotta hurry"

They rush off and I follow.

Eventually they stop at a building and get off, "Somethings not right, there are usually thugs posted at the entrance." Mako says as he oddly steps forward to the door and attempts to look in the window. "We need to be cautious." Korra comes forward and simply kicks in the door. He just walks inside, silent. I hear a shout and the sound of an engine before I see a large cloud of green gas and two motorcycles speed away. Korra shouts for Naga and they persue the bikes. I chase along on the rooftops as I watch belts of fire and earth get tossed at the men, which they easily avoid.

We come to a large open area and two bikes break off tossing lines that trip Naga, flinging the riders off. The men corner the two and attack them, one goes for the avatar while the other goes for Mako. Is this really how I'm going to show myself?

I watch as one disables Korra's arm, they're chi blockers. Mako struggles to hold off with only one good arm, tossing fire while they easily evade him and get his legs, soon after Korra is disabled as well. They no longer have bending to protect themselves and they become trapped. Its now or never for me. If I do nothing they will be captured. I have no choice. I jump down from the roof and sprint to the scene, quick the stop the attackers. They notice me quickly and jump back. I push a large chunk of earth towards them and they jump again, this time tossing a canister of more green gas at me, quickly leaving the scene. The creatures, now freed from their binds, come to check on Korra and Mako. Korra tries to bend and she can't, exclaiming so.

"Calm down, it'll wear off. Those were chi blockers, Amon's henchmen. I've heard the name. " Amon, the anti bending guy with the mask?"

"Yea, he's the leader of the equalists. "

How haven't they acknowledged me yet?

"Whatever it is, it can't be good. I can't believe Bolin got himself into this mess" He looks at the ground degected. Korra puts a comforting hand on his shoulder," Mako, we will find your brother, I promise you that."she now looks at me. Oh here we go.

"And who are you?" Mako turns towards me as well. I have to play this right.

"I'm someone who wants to help you. I saw how they've taken a truck of people. "

They look at me with disbeleiveing eyes. "And why were you here, why did you help us?"

"It looked like you needed it. " I try to keep my statements short and sweet.

They look to each other for a moment before Mako comes close to my face in a threatening way, even though I'm pretty much just as tall as him, if not taller. "And how do we know we can trust you? " He's scared.

"Trust that I want to help you find your brother, that's who was taken correct? Let me help you." I attempt to make it obvious in my tone of my intentions, I truly do wish to help them. They turn to the direction of the path the men took, before turning back to me. "We don't have time to waste, you can come. But don't even think about double crossing us. " This is truly an odd situation. I follow and climb onto the back of Naga along with them. She seems pretty okay with me on, though I understand it must be more difficult.

We stay in silence as we wander the streets of town.

____________________________________

Hello everyone, I do apologize for the long wait, however I am glad to prevent the first meeting of mako and you! I'm also sorry if the scene suffers from bad writing. I tried to make it interesting.

I now have a question for you all, it occurred to me that I have an issue with the readers name, my first intention was to never say it or simply use "Mc" Or "Y/n" However now I fear it will break up the flow of the story and mess with the atmosphere. I now leave you all a choice to NAME the main character.

I'll leave a few names here in italacs that I think would make for a good male name, I want you all to comment on the name that you like the most, or if you simply want"MC" Or "Y/n" Then you may chose that as well. If you have a name not listed that you would like, comment it and people who also like it can reply the name as well. I will give this One week and whichever name is chosen most will be the name of the main character for the rest of the book so please choose wisely.

Thale

Wren

Aeryn

Neji

Gael

Y/n

I hope all of you have a splendid night.