Eye Contact [Thoma x Ayato]

Note: Modern AU time! Brief rundown: Ayato is a barista, and Thoma is a life guard. This will be a beach setting, so I will call it Falcon Coast but imagine it a bit more modern. 

Thoma POV: 

The water stretches across Falcon Coast like a little layer of paradise, the sun shines brightly, wrapping it's warm rays around my body. I bring the binoculars towards my eyes as I scout out into the ocean, keeping a close eye on the people in the water. It was late afternoon, the sun wasn't as strong as midday so I removed my sunglasses, I stare at myself in the small mirror in the lifeguard stand, there were small red marks on my nose, "I probably should get bigger sunglasses..." I chuckle softly to myself. Suddenly, a blood curdling scream was heard, "SHARK!!" I quickly climb down from the lifeguard stand and grab my megaphone, I run down towards the waterside while yelling "EVERYONE GET OUT OF THE WATER, I REPEAT, GET OUT OF THE WATER!!" I throw the megaphone aside and start to help the children get out, dragging the elderly out, and helping grown adults get to a safe distance on the shore. My eyes quickly skim the water to check nobody else was there, my eyes fall on a man with sky blue hair trying to swim to the surface, as I was about to step into the ocean, the shark's tail rears up and slams on top of the man, my eyes widen in horror, I realise my rescue boat is all the way by the life guard stand, shoot... no time to lose. I run into the ocean, diving down into the cold and quiet waters, I swim deeper and deeper until I see the man unconscious, I kick my legs and breast stroke forward until I'm within arms reach, I grab onto his waist with one arm and swim up to the surface using my free arm, I gasp for air as soon as my face comes out of the water, I heave the man up making sure his face is out of the water, I swim as fast as I can back to shore before the shark can attack for a second time. I carry the man bridal style back to the lifeguard stand, I place him gently on the sand and I fetch my first aid kit, I take a good look at him, sharp jawline, gentle looking face, and a good build... I shake my head a little, stop it... don't be gay on the job Thoma... I check the man's pulse and breathing before performing CPR and treating his wounds. I keep close watch of the man carefully, ensuring his safety, soon enough his eyes slowly open, they were a hue of lavender purple, the air leaves my lungs for a moment, it was...captivating... too memorising... I snap back into reality and cough abruptly, "u-um sir, are you feeling better?" I ask trying to stay calm, "yes I'm quite alright thank you, I owe you my life, I'm Ayato and you?" he extends his hand for me to shake, I shake his hand "I'm T-Thoma" I help Ayato to his feet. "Thoma... mm, I feel like we'll be bumping into each other often~" he says with a slight edge, he turns around and gives me a little wink before walking off farther and farther away, leaving a trail of footprints behind.

Soon, the sun begins to descend, Ayato was on my mind all day, his eyes...his face...his body... I slap my cheeks and take a few deep breaths. I lock up the lifeguard stand for the day and quickly get changed into my red T-shirt and black shorts, I rake my hand through my golden blonde hair before heading back to my apartment just opposite the beach. I bring my casual clothes with me to the shower, I stretch a few times before removing my clothing and washing off the sweat and saltiness of the ocean off my body, I let the warm water melt my soul and put me into a peaceful state. "hmmm...mmm...dadadada..." I hum to myself as I scrub my body with soap, soon the bathroom was filled with a lovely smell of cherry blossom. Moments later, I come out of the shower dressed in my casual clothes, I chuck together some strawberry, banana, and mango and whizz it up into a fruit smoothie, I lean back on the couch and down the whole smoothie in one go, putting it in the dishwasher as I finish. I lay in bed that night, wide awake, something about that man... it's really special, I do hope I see him again soon... I close my eyes, and let my thoughts wash away. The sun spills into the room through the blinds, "mm... good morning..." I mumble to myself as I stretch my back and arms, I get up and change into a light blue shirt with cloud patterns with dark blue shorts, I head down to the street and walk into the nearest cafe. "Good morn-" I began then suddenly paused, my eyes meet a familiar pair of lavender coloured eyes, "Ayato..." his name rolls softly off my lips, he was dressed in a beige shirt, tight black pants, leather shoes, and a green apron around his waist, "Thoma~" he says softly in return, "h-haha it's nice to see you again!" I say enthusiastically while trying to keep my heart still, "indeed... my savior" he says with that same edge, I blush. "... um... I'll have a... flat white please and thank you" I say awkwardly trying to hide my face, I place the money on the counter while Ayato takes the order, I quickly make my way to one of the tables and scroll through my phone, I wonder if this guy is on Instagram... I click the search bar and type out "Ayato", instantly his account shows up, I grin smugly to myself, I click on the name. The account consists of many images of himself in Inazuma, but they were all posted 2 years ago, "Huh..." I say quietly to myself, "your order Mr Thoma~" a voice calls, bringing me back down to earth. "Thanks" I grab the cup before heading out into the bright sunshine, I sip on the coffee slowly while walking to the public library.