Chapter 1

"According to the narrative in , the Tower of Babel was a tall, apparently a political center in the city, built with the aim of increasing the fame and power of the people of its builders, and aiming to reach "up to heaven." But because of this blasphemy, God confused the languages of the makers, making it impossible to complete it, and they scattered throughout the then known world. The Genesis account attempts from Jewish folklore to explain the diversity of languages and nations in the world."

Jacqueline was late getting out of bed. In the last month, her schedule had changed completely. She didn't have the same time to read. Leisure time didn't even exist as an idea. She had class at university early in the morning. She only had 5 minutes to get ready and eat. Her body was weak, without exercising, only from the emotional overwhelm she felt every day. She only brushed her teeth and her face. She wore an airy black dress and straight shoes. She grabbed her hair leaving half of it down, with a black ribbon. Not even the dark circles from insomnia were treated. 

She took an apple and hurried to the main building of the university.When she arrived at class everyone had sat in their seats and the professor was already in the room. She had turned her face to her bag looking for a document. It was the start of the new semester. They were all waiting for the results of the exam. So did she. If she were cut even one lesson, she would say goodbye once and for all to her dream of entering academia. The professor looked up and looked at the whole class. It was an aesthetic oasis for Jacqueline. Charming, he wore a leather jacket and inside a tight gray blouse that outlined his body. He took off his jacket and began writing his name on the board.

George Birch 

 -This semester lesson is called ... Theory of theory, theory of history, criticism of modern literature... She said and started laughing, with no one noticing the joke except her... that only her own quiet laugh was heard. 

-You got the joke... Miss... said he and smiled 

 -The course I will teach you is called "Theory of the History of Modern Literature" and we will start with expressionism. However... Is the expressionist movement modern? He asked and turned to the students. No one answered. 

 -Miss.. that you noticed my joke.. Do you understand the question? said he and sat in the corner of the chair.

 -Yes... she said 

 -So can you answer... says she

She felt uncomfortable and quite ashamed. 

- The expressionist movement does not belong to modern movements, but because it is tied to the rest, we include it in these movements. 

 He smiles.

 -Very correct answer miss...? 

-Lacroix 

 Suddenly, his gaze changed expression and he became serious. 

 -Good.. said he 

 When they were done, he looked at his cell phone. He looked up and stopped Jacqueline

. -Miss Lacroix...

 -Yes... 

 -May I ask you something..? said he 

 -Yes, of course, Mr. Birch 

 -What is your first name... missing from the list they gave me.. said he

 -Jacqueline, with c and q ... she said 

 -Are you from here...? 

 -No I'm from a provincial town in France, Lyll... Did you know? she said