Blurred Lines

-Tyson-

Time moved slower than I'd ever witnessed before as I counted down the minutes until Phoenix would join me in my office. Ever since lunch when I'd visited her desk to request her presence at the end of the day, I couldn't concentrate on much else. Seeing her had been just the distraction I'd been looking for and the thought of her having to sit and take my criticisms of her work in just a few minutes had my pulse racing.

Watching her explode at my words was officially my favorite pastime. There was no use denying it. I can't tell you why seeing her so flustered and flooded with anger made me feel giddy inside, but it brought me to near bliss every time I'd managed to make it happen. It never failed to excite me; The look of pure danger that sheened her honey colored eyes or the sudden heave of her ample bosom as she geared up for the most insulting string of phrases she could think of. I always watched intently as she said the most awful things about me from lips that were beginning to haunt my daydreams. Her polite routine this afternoon was more annoying than amusing and just wouldn't suffice for the dynamic we'd developed. The one where we slung sharp, pointy words at each other like ninja stars. The one where I could feel adrenaline course through my veins whenever she was near. The one where my dick throbbed when I stared at her mouth too long.

Whoahhh...

Before I could even question where that came from, I shook off what was clearly an intrusive thought and began putting away some documents and reorganizing my desk, preparing to leave after our meeting. It wasn't that I had anywhere to be afterward, I just needed something to distract me from the strange direction my thoughts had taken since seeing her this afternoon. As the digital clock on my computer screen changed from 8:59pm to 9:00pm, I locked my computer and did my best to mentally shoo away my excitement. I tried to remember that I despised her presence, not craved it like I'd seemed to be doing for the last several hours. Luckily, I didn't wait much longer before there was a knock that interrupted my thoughts.

"Come in," I beckoned, relieved she was finally here.

Phoenix strutted into the room, head held high and shoulders back, immediately capturing my gaze. Confidence permeated her demeanor as well as the switch of her hips as she closed the distance between us. Placing her things in one of the two chairs in front of my desk, I silently traced her curvy frame before noticing the to-go box in her hand. She had grabbed all of her belongings like she too had every intention to leave directly after we were done here. I briefly pondered if she'd been struggling with the same confusing thoughts or if she just couldn't get away from me soon enough. I ignored the sting in my chest at the possibility of the latter and watched as she sat in the other empty chair, her face void of emotion as she waited for me to begin.

I didn't rush to speak, savoring the warm tingle in my lower abdomen as I sat staring at her. My eyes raked over her face, taking inventory of her features yet again. I couldn't help myself as my gaze fell to her lips first. Currently tinted a dark red and plump enough to look effortlessly pouty, they were my favorite part of her face. Mesmerizing, even when they were being used to insult me. I felt a particular part of myself twitch as I momentarily considered how they'd feel pressed against mine. Another intrusive thought, of course. There was no way kissing Phoenix amounted to genuine desire. I was simply a man who appreciated nice lips.

A close second in my appreciation was beautiful skin. Her round cheeks looked soft as butter, wrapped in her smooth, terra-cotta skin and painted with the lightest application of makeup I'd ever seen a woman wear. You'd never know it was there if it weren't for the subtle shimmer present on her cheeks, nose and forehead. It was something I genuinely appreciated as natural beauty was what I preferred in most women. Even with the small amount she wore, it was easy to see that makeup was a choice for Phoenix, not a requirement.