The Electabuzz Baseball Fan

After arriving at New Bark Town, the gang were on the road for Violet City, where Ember can earn her first Johto badge. Right now the gang were thinking about the starter Pokémon they saw.

"I'm glad we were able to see a Totodile." Zoey said, "I really liked that Cyndaquil."

"I hope to get one for myself." Alain added.

"Sylveon? Sylve." Nova pointed in a direction.

"What's the matter Nova?" Ember questioned her partner.

"We're going to train hard, hit hard enough, everybody out of the box." A girl said, "We're in the big league so we're playing hard ball."

The girl was about ten years old, with half split blue hair and brown eyes, wearing a yellow striped jacket, blue shirt inside and a white striped short pants. Ember recognized the girl as Casey, a rookie trainer from New Bark Town.

"Erm..." Ember had no words.

In front of Casey was a Chikorita and around its head is a yellow and black striped headband.

Rotom scanned the Pokemon, "Chikorita, the Leaf Pokémon. Chikorita uses the leaf on its head to scan for warmth and humidity in its surrounding, and loves to sunbathe. It also releases sweet relaxing fragrance from the leaf on its head."

"That little head-band makes Chikorita really sporty, doesn't it?" Zoey commented.

"Umm, looking at her age, my guess is that she must be one of the starting Pokémon trainers that received Chikorita from Professor Elm." Alain guessed.

"Let's see how it battles." Ember decided.

The gang watched the battle begin for Casey's Chikorita and a wild Rattata, as the battle started, Casey was speaking like a baseball game area, 'playball' or 'home field' and other baseball-like words.

"Wow, she must be a huge baseball fan." Ember sweat dropped.

"Yeah." Alain, Mairin, Zoey and Cilan agreed.

They continued to watch and Chikorita used a Tackle attack, knocking Rattata out and Casey caught it.

"Another win for Team Casey!" Casey cheered, as she high-five her Pokémon, "Will the fans rise and salute Casey and Chikorita by singing their victory song."

"Sylveeee..." Nova said, unsure.

The gang sweat dropped at this scene as Casey and Chikorita continued to sing their song.

"Yeahhh! Chikorita, return." Casey recalled her leaf Pokémon into its Pokéball. She turned around and noticed the gang, they flinched when they noticed her stare.

Suddenly she charged right towards them. Then stopped in front of Ember.

"I'm Casey Nanako and I challenge you to a Pokémon battle!" Casey declared as she pointed at her.

The gang blinked in confusion.

"...Okay." Ember accepted, "How about a one-on-one Pokémon battle?" She asked.

Casey nodded, "Certainly."

========

Ember and Casey stood on opposite sides, ready for a battle.

Casey held her Pokéball, like a pitcher, "I choose you!" She threw it.

"Pidgey." The bird Pokémon said.

"Alright then, Nova, want to give it a shot?" Ember asked Nova.

Nova nodded, "Sylveon!"

Nova jumped off her shoulder and entered the field.