Azalea Town Gym

The next day it was time for Ember's second gym battle and the gang were walking to Azalea Town's gym. Finally they reached Azalea Gym; it was like a giant greenhouse. When they entered the gym, trees and grass were everywhere.

"Wow, this is just like a forest." Cilan commented.

"Yeah this reminds me of the Viridian Forest back in Kanto." Ember added.

Mairin was walking slowly and keeping her eyes open for bug Pokémon. Sure enough, the gang ended up seeing Caterpie, Metapod, Weedle, and Kakuna.

"Oh boy," Ember sighed, "I do hope she doesn't scream while I have my gym battle."

"Hey! Would you stop the screaming please?" A male voice called out.

A boy about thirteen years old, with lavender hair, walked up to the gang. Ember recognized the boy as Bugsy the Azalea Gym Leader.

"Sorry about my friend's screaming. She's afraid of Weedles and Kakunas." Ember apologized.

"If she's afraid of Weedles and Kakunas, then why is she here?" Bugsy asked, confused.

"I'm here to battle the gym leader and she wants to watch me." Ember explained, "and my name is Ember Kukui."

"I see, well I'm Bugsy the gym leader of Azalea Gym and I accept your challenge, Ember." Bugsy introduced himself and led the gang to the battle arena; it was in the middle of the gym with lots of grass and trees surrounding it.

"Since I use bug Pokémon, I intended to make my gym like a forest, since bug Pokémon love forests." He explained.

"I understand what Bugsy means. Gym leaders like to make their gyms just right for whatever type of Pokémon they use." Cilan stated.

=======

Now it was time for the gym battle to begin. Ember and Bugsy got ready to battle in the arena, while Alain, Mairin, Nova, Zoey and Cilan stayed by the side lines to watch.

"This official Pokémon Battle between Bugsy Tsukushi the Azalea Town Gym Leader and Ember Kukui the Challenger from Melemele Island is about to begin." The referee announced, "Each Trainer may use three Pokémon. A Gym Badge is at stake. Are the trainers ready?"

"Yes."

"I am." Ember said.

"Let the battle begin!" The referee announced.

"I'm going to start off with..." Bugsy held out a Pokéball, "I choose, Spinarak!" He sent out the string spit Pokémon.

"Spinarak!" The Pokémon appeared.

"I choose you, Scorch!" Ember released her Striker Pokémon.

"Cinder!" Scorch the Cinderace appeared on the field.

"Spinarak use Poison Sting!" Bugsy ordered.

"Spin Spinarak!" The string spit Pokémon fires poisonous needles towards the Striker Pokémon.

"Dodge it and use Ember, Scorch." Ember countered.

Scorch jumped into the air to avoid the Poison Sting and he fired Ember attack.

"Spinarak use String Shot to dodge!" Spinarak fired a string of web towards a tree branch and it avoided the Ember attack. "Now use Night Shade!" It fired a Night Shade attack.

"Protect!" Scorch brought up a green colored barrier around himself, protecting him the Night Shade attack, "Now use Flamethrower." The Striker Pokémon immediately launches a blast of flames towards the string spit Pokémon.