«cheer up charlie»

"Ollieeee!"
"Lolaaaa!"
she embraced the boy who this season she would call her teammate. He was nearly 5 years younger than her, meaning he was 17, and the youngest driver on the formula 2 grid this year. She had raced against him last season, but with him being Arthur's teammate, they ended up getting to know each other quite well. When Prema offered her the formula 2 contract, she was told she would be racing along side ollie, which settled her mind and settled her nerves about the year.

She had just arrived at Prema and was taken to a room where cameras were set up ready to take some photos and shoot some content. This was where she saw Ollie.
"how's your winter break been?" he asked as they sat down together
"not too bad. i've been with the Leclercs the past week or so, but other than that did some travelling and saw my family. yours?"
"basically the same, except spending time with the Leclercs of course" he said, making them both giggle

They were called to the set infront of the backdrop to film an introduction video and a get to know the drivers, before putting their suits on and getting some photos. They then spent the afternoon in the gym before waving goodbye to each other, knowing that they would see each other the next day

prema_team

tagged: @lolaroux @olliebearmanliked by arthur_leclerc, olliebearman and 734,284 othersprema_team: ask me anything video with the formula 2 duo coming soon!———————————————————————

liked by arthur_leclerc, olliebearman and 734,284 others
prema_team: ask me anything video with the formula 2 duo coming soon!
———————————————————————

After a few nights in Italy, she missed her family. She missed the Leclercs. But she was excited for the season to start.

*ping*

Charles❤️‍🩹: hey lola, i'm in Italy for a few days with ferrrai. fancy some dinner?

Lola: hey! yeah that sounds amazing. when?

Charles❤️‍🩹: right now?

Lola: huh?

Charles❤️‍🩹: open the door

Looking at the message she was so confused. She got up from her bed and walking into the living room to open her apartment door.
"hey lola"
"charles?!"
he was stood there, pizza box in hand smiling down at the girl. she moved out the way to let him in.
"since when was this happening?" she asked
"well i figured it's not too far of a drive, might aswell surprise you" he said sweetly "we are both gonna be in Italy a lot since we drive for Italian teams. means we can spend some decent time together"
she had a huge, genuine smile on her face, and butterflies swarming her stomach.
"i'll grab some drinks, what do you want?" she said once she was out of her trance
"uhhh just a water please"

she walked into the kitchen area, which was joint into the small living room. Whilst filling the glasses she was trying to just compose herself. She knew she couldn't get with any of the Leclercs, even after having a crush on charles for years. But with him stood in her living room, having surprised her, she liked him more than ever. She walked in and placed down two glasses of water on the coffee table before sitting next to him on the couch.
"what shall we watch?" she asked
"anything, i'm feeling something silly and childish" he said with a cheeky smirk
"disney film it is" she said smiling as she clicked on disney plus

"oooo pleeeeease can we watch tangled" she said, already clicking on the film
"anything you want amour"
there were the butterflies again. she pressed play and leaned back before grabbing a slice of pizza. Charles rested his arm over the back of the sofa behind her head as he ate too. There would be a small conversation every now and then during the film, but nothing much. Lola would sing along to the songs, Charles complaining at her. She even dragged him up and made him dance during 'i have a dream'. He enjoyed it, although he wouldn't admit that.

lolaroux via stories

after the film, they cleaned the glasses up and out the pizza box in the bin, before sitting on the couch again

"have you heard from arthur?" charles asked
"yeah he's been face timing me every day to tell me about dams"
"ah" was all he said
"is something wrong?" she asked
"no no of course not."
"it's sad he's not in Italy though. it would be so nice to have these nights with him here too don't you think?" she asked him
"well yeah but.....i do enjoy me and you time sometimes" he said, placing a hand on her knee
she smiled up at him, trying to contain the butterflies and excitement she was feeling.
"yeah it's nice" was all she could say, and even then it came out barely a whisper

he reached over and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, just as Arthur had done a few days previous. She wanted to melt into his touch and give in. She really liked him and her dreams seemed to be slowly coming true. She then thought back and remembered how Arthur had said he was out with a girl. Was he messing her about. She knew this wasn't a friendly gesture, as their relationship had never been like this.

*ring ring*

saved by the bell as they say. well. saved by the phone call.

she moved away from him to check her phone, her face lighting up and she saw the name on the screen.
"it's arthur" she said to charles, who was looking at her curiously.

"hey arth"
"hey lols, how are you"
"i'm great thanks, you?"
"amazing. look i'm coming to italy tomorrow for a few days cause my training with dams is done so i was thinking we could spend a few days together before the season starts"

lola didn't know charles could hear what arthur was saying. She also didn't notice the scowl that had appeared on his face.

"yeah of course that sounds great! it's crazy cause i was just saying to charles how i wish we could all have nights and stuff together. we've barely seen each other for so long. apart from last week of course" she said with a smile on her face
"wait charles is with you?"
"yeah he's here with ferrari for a few days and surprised me with food. how sweet is he"
"an absolute charm that man" he said, but not with a lot of enthusiasm "anyway lols i'm gonna go ok. i'll see you tomorrow amour"
"goodbye arth"

she placed her phone back on the side before looking at charles, who's face was blank.
"what's up?" she said
"nothing"
"hmmm" she shuffled closer to him, crossing her legs and facing him "i don't believe you"
"well you should do"
she poked his nose
"cheer up charlie"
in this moment he couldn't help but smile and let out a small chuckle.
"oh my lola what am i gonna do with you" he said, pulling her into a hug
she giggled as she hugged him back. little did she know charles was filled with jealousy.....but arthur was feeling the exact same way back in france.