«slay»

Bahrain came around quicker than Lola could imagine, and she was desperate to get started. She entered the support paddock on thursday, ready for her first ever media day as a formula 2 driver and as a member of the alpine driver academy.

"Lola, wait up!"
she turned around to discover who the voice behind her was, to find her old teammate from formula 3 zak o sullivan jogging towards her. Last season, he was one of her teammates at rodin carlin, before she got moved up to formula 2 with prema. Zak sadly stayed in formula 3, but he also signed with prema, meaning the duo would still get to spend a lot of time together.
"Zak! hey! ready for the season?"
"ready as i'll ever be. ready to be a formula 2 world champion?"
the two giggled
"alright settle down. it's weekend 1, let's just see if i can actually drive the car first" she said laughing

the two walked towards the prema trucks until someone caught lola's eye.
"you go on, i'll catch up" she said to zak, as he saw who was stood just a few meters away. he nodded his head as he continued down the paddock. Lola made her way over to the blue trucks beside her.

"hey art" she said, making the boy in front of her jump slightly.
when he turned around and saw lola, his expression softened
"hey lola" he said opening his arms.
she moved towards him as he wrapped his arms around the girl.
"excited for the weekend?" he asked as they pulled away from the hug
"yeah, i'm a bit nervous though. formula 3 to formula 2 is a big step"
"i know, but if anyone is gonna be able to do it, it's you"
she smiled at the compliment
"thanks art. are you looking forwards to getting in the car?" she then asked
he shrugged
"let's see if i send it into the wall on the first lap and i'll get back to you"
the two of them started to giggle
"ive got to go but ill see you later" she then said looking up at him
he pulled her into a quick side hug and placed a kiss on the top of her head
"see you later lola"
and he walked off into the dams truck.

Lola stood frozen on the spot for a moment. the action from arthur was unexpected, especially out in the paddock, but it made her feel warm inside. she let out a smile before walking towards prema.

prema_team

tagged: @dinobeganovic_ @olliebearman @zak

tagged: @dinobeganovic_ @olliebearman @zak.osullivan @lolaroux @paularon_

liked by oscarpiastri, arthur_leclerc and 1,345,924 others

prema_team: our f2&f3 squad for 2023 seem to be getting on well😂

view all comments

olliebearman: slay

zak.osullivan: slay

lolaroux: slay

paularon_: slay

dinobeganovic_: slay

prema_team: update: they won't stop saying slay. send help
——————————————————————

after a long day of media, all lola wanted to do was get back to the hotel and go to sleep. when she got to the car park of the track, there was a queue of fans waiting to get a glimpse of drivers leaving the circuit. she went to head straight to leave until she heard multiple fans shouting her name. she may have been tired but she always had time for the fans. last year, not many people knew her name, but since moving up for formula 2 and joining alpine, she seemed to have become one of the most popular drivers on this years grid. she smiled as she walked over and started talking to some fans while signing merch and taking selfies. this was until she heard a huge scream come from all the fans. she looked up to see a man in a red shirt leaving the paddock and making his way over to the fans. it was charles. lola finished up where she was and headed over to him. he stopped taking selfies when he saw her so he could go and give her a hug. he was about to speak when the fans started calling him back. his eyes moved back to lola as he looked at her softly with a smile on his face.
"give me 5 minutes yeah" he said
she nodded and said "take all the time you need charles, im in no rush"
she was in a rush, she wanted food and her bed, but she wasn't about to admit that.

after about 10 minutes, charles had made his way through the line of fans, and waved goodbye towards them as he started to walk over to lola.
"hey" he said with a grin as he approached
"hey" she smiled back
"how are you getting back to the hotel?" he asked
"i was gonna hop in with ollie but he had to leave while i was waiting for you sooo"
"say no more, come on ill take you"
"your the best charles"
"i know" he said as he slung his arm over her shoulder as they made their way to charles ferrari that had been provided to him by the team.

as they got in lola said "im gonna sign for ferrari just so i get to drive this"
charles giggled and said
"you can drive if you want?"
"is that allowed?"
he nodded
"the car is insured to the team, not to any specific person"
her eyes lit up
"get out im driving"
charles laughed at her before getting out so they could swap seats

as they were driving back to the hotel lola said "i can't believe your letting me drive this"
"neither can i" charles responded

charles_leclerc via stories