chapter 6- secret hiding place

~Chloe's POV~
Work in the kitchen was brutal today. Good thing I only worked two hours. I just wanna get on with my camp activities. They have everything at this camp. Singing, dancing, even fashion designing. It's like this camp was made for me. The best part of it is I get to see Luke on a daily basis. We really hit it off since we met. The bonfire jam was amazing with him. He was such a cutie. He almost set his marshmallows on fire completely, fell backwards off the log, and also gave me his jacket when it got cold. However, that did make Jessa give me the most hate filled eyes anyone has ever seen. She's expecting me to join her little group but ,to be honest, they just sing bubble gum pop songs that have no meaning to them at all. That's kinda not my thing so I'm just not even gonna bother showing up.
Gemini and I are gonna get an ice cream cone and then head to the dance studio to come up with a routine for the next jam. We were planning a collab.
"Hey, Chloe! Now I don't wanna rush you but let's skip the ice cream."
I stare at Gemini with a worried face, "Why? What's up?"
"Jessa heard that you were blowing her off and she's waiting at the ice cream stand to 'run into you' and hussle you into her group."
"Yeah, um, run." We dashed off to the studio and luckily it was empty. There are about 5 dance studios here which is pretty damn sick. I changed into my high tops to match my crop top and typical black shorts.
"I made a new mix and I thought it'd be pretty cool to dance to for the jam. I thought we could dance first and then it would spinoff to one of your songs and you would sing. Then I could get some more dancers to dance back up for you. " Gemini had this all planned out.
"That sounds great, Gem. I'll try to work on a new song that would best fit this dance vibe we've got going right now."
After an hour and a half of working on the dance, we decided to call it a day. "Ok, I think it's coming along pretty well. Wanna go get some lunch?" Gemini was already gathering her things.
I just wanted to be alone to work on my own dancing, the kind I never let anyone see. People know I can dance hip hop, but they don't know about my passion for ballet and jazz. "Um, no thanks. You go ahead and I'll just meet you at the cabin later tonight."
"Okay, see ya later!" Gemini gave me one last wave and went out the door. I waited a bit so I know she left completely and reached for my backpack to find my jazz shoes. I exchanged my black hightops for these skin colored beauties. I put on Amnesia from last nights jam. I just can't get it out of my head. This song is so much better than anything I've ever written. I got up and started to dance to it. Countless turns and leaps were performed and it seemed like a pretty good routine even if I just did it on the spot. The song came to an end and I was startled by someone clapping in the corner of the studio. I whipped my head around to find a fascinated Luke clapping with a giant smile on his face.
"Wow, Chloe," Luke said as he stopped clapping. "That was..that was..amazing. Like just amazing. I didn't know you could dance like that."
"Luke, that's nice and all, but what are you doing here?"
"I just couldn't stop thinking about you so I went to go find you and well..here you are."
"You couldn't stop thinking about me?" My lips curled into a slight smile.
Luke turned bright red as soon as he realized what he just said to me. "Oh..um..well yeah kinda." He hid his face in hands like he always does.
I take his hands away from his face and hold them in mine. "Hemmings, what happened to that enraged bad boy?" I giggled. "Every time you talk to me, its like you wanna jump off a cliff."
He smirked and god, it was probably one of the hottest things ever. "Well, that enraged bad boy is completely mesmerized by your smile. You make the real Luke come out again. But funny you just said that. I have a surprise for you. Get your stuff, we're going on an adventure."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Luuuke"
"Shhh"
"Lukeyyyy"
"We're almost there."
Luke tied one of Ashton's bandanas around my eyes. He stole it from Ashton before they left so he could remember him by. He also stole Daniel the lion from Mikey, and one of calum's t-shirts. That's so cute. I just hope my mascara doesn't smudge and make me look like a panda.
"Lukey booooo" I started poking his arm and his side. I stopped him with my arm and got in front of him. "Luuuke" I said as I found his face and started smushing it around. Luke started laughing and took my hands. He twirled me around so that he was behind me and we continued walking as he hugged me from behind with my hands intertwined with his.
"Okay, we're getting closer. Just a little more... Okay. We're here." He untied the bandana and I opened my eyes to reveal a candle lit picnic with rose petals scattered everywhere. Oh, and did I mention we were on the edge of a cliff?!
"Luke..oh, my god."
"No need to say anything. It's just a little something to say thank you for helping me write that song and perform it. It's the best thing I've done in a really long time. This is my secret hiding place. I found this place when I was a little kid and I don't think anyone else comes here. I always come here when I need to think, or need to be alone, or need to relax. I've never taken anyone here before."
"Well, I'm honored." I get on my tippy toes and kiss him on the cheek.
He put his hand on his cheek and blushed once again. "Cmon, let's eat before the food gets even colder."
"And what are we having?"
"Well sorry I couldn't get like lobster or something. I settled for the reasonable, always favorable PIZZA!"
I laugh and hug him. "Perfect Hemmings. Wouldn't want things to get too sappy." I didn't wanna embarrass myself but pizza is my favorite. I had my usual 5 slices with no shame.
"Wow, I'm impressed. Most girls usually hate to eat in front of me." Luke took another bite of his pizza and gave me a high five.
"Luke, aren't you ever scared that you'll fall off the cliff? Like isn't this dangerous?"
"Sometimes it's good to live off the edge." He put his pizza down. "Plus its surrounded by water and only about 20 feet high so if someone ever fell, they'd live. I've always wanted to cliff jump like they do in Jamaica but I've never had the guts to."
I laughed and punched his arm. "What happened to living on the edge?"
"You're right. Maybe I will..but only if you do it with me."
"You're trying to get us killed right?"
"No, I'll throw a canoe down there so that when we jump we can paddle back to shore. Cmon, adventure is out there!"
"Stop quoting Disney Pixar, loser!"
"I don't care!" He laughed. "I knew you wouldn't jump anyway..."
My mouth dropped open. "What's that supposed to mean?" I laugh.
"You don't have the guts, cutie. Whatever. I'll just jump by myself..."
"I can too jump the cliff!"
"Bet?"
"Bet!"
"20 bucks says you don't jump."
"You're on, Hemmings."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hii! Summer is finally here! This means....more updates! I know I haven't uploaded in a while but I had AP testing and finals and ew. But hey it was totally worth it because I'm 14th out out 263 in my class. But anyway, I hope you guys liked the chapter! New update coming soon!