Chapter 7- Treehouse

~Luke's POV~
"You're on Hemmings!" Chloe said to me. She stuck her hand out and we shook hands to seal the deal.
"Just be prepared to hand over those 20 bucks," I joke. She leans over and play slaps me. I poke her in her side and she jolts upward with a squeal. I know she's ticklish.
"That's not funny, Luke!" That was basically my cue to tickle her again but when I reach for her side, she grabs my hand and tackles me. She ends up on top of me and she reaches for one of the semi-melted chocolate covered strawberries. Before I knew it, my face was covered with chocolate.
"So that's how it's gonna be!?" I laugh and sweep her off of me and onto the floor. I quickly grabbed the whipped cream and spray it on her cheeks and mouth. She looked kinda like a sweet little Santa.
"Luke!" She scrambles to get up on her knees. "Someone needs a hug. Come here!"
I try to move away but she rapidly engulfed me in a bear hug and gave me a kiss on the cheek to purposefully get whipped cream all over my cheek too. "Cheap shot." I laugh and get a napkin to wipe the dessert toppings off my face. I hand Chloe a napkin too and she got cleaned up.
I remembered the one last little surprise. My treehouse. It was about thirty feet back through the forest and the trees around it were cleared out. There was a reason for that and that would soon be unveiled when I bring Chloe up there.
"I almost forgot." I got up and extended my hand to offer Chloe some help. She took it and was soon up on her feet too. "Just follow me! Adventure awaits!"
"But Luke, it's getting dark. We have to be in our cabins by 10. I really don't wanna get in trouble on my third day here."
I sigh. "Trust me. It's only 8:43! We've got plenty of time! Live off the edge!" I take her hand again and lead her through the forest until we come upon the tree with the rope ladder that lead up to my tree house. I didn't build it or anything but hey, finders keepers. No one goes in it anyway so I kinda made it a place of my own.
"Woah, this is so cool! You have a tree house?" I nod. "Are there any other hiding places I should know about?" She asked sarcastically.
"Yeah actually. Later I'll take you to my wardrobe that leads to Narnia!" I say jokingly. "Now come on up."
I go up first so I can help her get up. I realized Chloe didn't need it as she got to the top pretty quickly and swiftly. I should really stop underestimating her character. I made sure to tidy up the place earlier today so she wouldn't be surrounded by the mess that has accumulated over the years. I rehung some band posters that were on the edge of falling, threw out some useless junk, rearranged the bean bags, and made sure my teloscope was in good shape.
"Nice posters by the way." Chloe walked toward one of the Green Day posters that was hung up and ran her hand across it. "Green Day, All Time Low, Blink, Mayday Parade.. Haha great picks. You've always had great taste, Hemmings."
"Thanks. I mean you do too if you listen to them." I walk over to the blue bean bag chair and plop down on it. I watch Chloe look over everything in awe until she spots the thing on the balcony. My teloscope.
"Wow, your teloscope is pretty awesome." She looks through it and turns one of the knobs to adjust the view and focus. "Check it out. O'Ryan. One of my favorite constellations."
I was fascinated by her knowledge on this stuff. I got up from the chair and walk over to Chloe. She motions over to the teloscope. I look through it and sure enough there was O'Ryan. "There are so many stars out tonight. It's so cool. But none of them compare to the sparkle in your eyes," I say half jokingly, half serious.
Chloe laughed and looked down at her feet. Oh god, was she freaked out? "No need to be cheesy, Luke. But that was sweet. Thanks."
Okay, you know what? Forget that girl that I heard the other day. I'm probably never going to find her and Chloe is standing right here next to me looking perfect in the moonlight. If that girl with the voice shows up, well great! But I'm gonna live for now and Chloe is amazing. I've only known her for 3 days but that's enough for me to know I'm really into her.
"Chloe," I call her name and she looks up at me. I tilt her chin up, lean down and just kiss her. I had to. Adventure was out there. And she was the greatest treasure it could have lead me to. We break apart the kiss and I lean my forehead against hers. "How's that for living off the edge?"
~~~~~~~~
Aaawww finally! Project Chluke is in action! Or Chloke? Or luke pronounced luk-ee? I need ship names. Haha, well I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I told you guys I would upload more often. New update soon! Please spread the word, recommend it to some friends, or something! Love you guys!