~ Chapter 7 ~

I eventually gave up on finding a page about P/T's, and listened in on the conversation between Royal Margarine Cookie and another Cookie.

"Do any of you Cookie's realise what creature you're dealing with here?" Royal Margarine Cookie asked everyone. "Have any of you ever even seen a dragon before?"

I quietly nodded to myself as I thought about Pitaya Cookie in his Dragon form. He certainly was awfully tall... but smaller that what I remember when he took over the Hollyberry Kingdom, probably due to his weakening powers.

"What's smaller than a single Dragon claw?" Royal Margarine Cookie continued. "Cookies! Who gets blown away by just a gust of Dragon's breath? Cookies!"

"Ssso you do know."

I glanced at Pitaya Cookie. He seemed so serious and focused now. It was always so mysterious how he acted! Every single time Dragons seemed to be brought up, his cocky careless personality did a full 180°. It was so frustrating when he never told me what was making him change so drastically!

P/N noticed my mood swing, and they looked up at me as I continued to stare at Pitaya Cookie, making sure I didn't lose focus this time. P/N swung their head back ahead of them, barking silently to themself.

I saw Tarte Tatin Cookie in the corner of my eye, making her way towards to Royal Margarine Cookie with a serious expression on her face, which made me switch my full attention to her.

"You there..." She began. "Why do you think dragon hunters do what they do?"

"Well, I don't know." Royal Margarine Cookie replied flatly. "Because dragon scales can be sold for a fortune, surely?"

"There's just one reason." Tarte Tatin Cookie's gaze grew darker as she spoke. "If you don't hunt the dragons..."

The silence made me shiver, especially when she finished her sentence.

"They... will hunt you."

Normally, I wouldn't be so worried, but just the tone of her voice made me fear everything. What would my parents do? What if a dragon killed my parents?! Or what if they were still alive but suffering..?! All the horrifying possibilities flooded my thoughts, washing out the positivity. My heart sank as I gasped for air due to illusions made from fear as if i was drowning in the., as I remembered the last time I saw my parents.

Nobody ever knows the last time you say goodbye to someone you hold so dear in your life.

Tarte Tatin Cookie's voice entered my mind making me even more scared.

"It's because dragons eat Cookies' with their friends and families, and burn down their houses."

An illusion of fire...

"Cookies have been hunted by dragons since the dawn of time. For Cookies, dragon hunting is a means of survival."

An illusion of my parents exiting through the palace doors, tears on their faces...

"Long ago, when the Cookies of your tribe first started riding dragons, that too was to ensure their survival."

An illusion of the fight with Pitaya Cookie when we first met...

"Although that tradition has now been rendered a meaningless farce."

An illusion of darkness...

"At this very moment, Dragon City must make a decision in order to survive."

More fire...

"As a dragon hunter, the only thing I can say is..."

The scorching heat...