👻🎃 Halloween Special PT.2 🎃👻

"Bababa!!!" Snapdragon laughed, holding up a bucket of candy.

The Cookie at the door was a bit surprised at first but was immediately touched with cuteness and added some candy in.

"Thanks! Have a great night!" I smiled to the Cookie."

"Hehehe! Gaga! Candy?" Snapdragon looked up at me, hoping that she got the word right.

"Exactly! Candy! Now come on! Let's keep going before everyone gets tired." I smiled down at the little dragon beside me.

P/N only frowned more.

We travelled from house to house, and soon enough, midnight was just around the corner. I thought it'd be nice to stop by the Grandberry Market for a rest.

"So, how was that for your first Trick-or-Treating?" I asked Snapdragon.

She happily giggled, rummaging through her bucket before pulling out a small packet of jellies, then showing them to my face as if asking if they could eat their snack.

"Yeah, of course you can have them! Halloween, in my experience, is all about the free food! Right, P/N?"

P/N huffed, turning their head away from me, as if they were completely uninterested with the topic.

Usually, they'd be barking about all the excitement Halloween could bring, but not this year...

What had changed? Were they just getting too old? Or too tired? Or had they lost their love for the thrill of getting scared from harmless Halloween fun..?

...Or what if they were just mad about getting whacked square in the face by one of those sugar skeleton props that were activated by movement from last year?

Probably not, but who knows? It's not fun to be ACTUALLY hurt by something that's meant to spook you a little bit.

"Hey, what's wrong, buddy?" I asked, reaching out a hand to pet my furry friend's head.

P/N shuffled away from my grasp, glaring at, not me, but...

Snapdragon..?!

I glanced at the baby dragon as they eagerly munched their jellies.

Wait...

Was P/N hungry???

"Oh, you silly P/T! Why didn't you tell me you were hungry?" I scoffed, reaching into my bag to find a good amount of food.

P/N whined, letting me know that wasn't what they were concerned about.

I still brought out a boar jelly for them to nibble on while I racked my brain about possible answers.

So, the problem clearly had something to do with Snapdragon.

Hunger was already crossed off the list, so...

Was it because they were young and P/N was older?

No, that's just a weird thing to think. P/N actually wasn't that old. In fact, they were pretty young.

What if Snapdragon was just too loud?

Surely not. I mean- yes, P/N had great hearing, but they weren't bothered if someone was speaking, let alone chewing, even at giant gatherings. Like the one held for the Dragon hunt back in Dragon City.

That's when it hit me, like a branch retaliating to my face if I moved it aside too suddenly when exploring.

P/N was jealous! Jealous that Snapdragon was getting more attention than them!

How on Earthbread did I not notice that from before?!

I'm seriously losing my touch.

"I am so sorry I didn't realize you wanted some attention, P/N!!!" I exclaimed.

They rolled their eyes at me as if to say: 'Glad you finally figured it out, dummy.'

I immediately hugged them tight, making them yelp from the sudden move.

"Sorry again! I just don't know how I wasn't able to recognise that sooner! Agh, something's really messing up my head, right?"

P/N nodded.

Oh, well. That was just how they acted.

Hopefully, I could make it up to them with more playtime...

        [END OF HALLOWEEN SPECIAL!!!
                 THANKS FOR READING!!!]