𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓂𝓎 𝓈𝓉𝓊𝒹𝓎 𝒷𝓁𝑜𝑔: 𝓃𝒾𝒸𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓂𝑒𝑒𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊!

Link to my blog: https://firstdraftomi.blogspot.com/ 

Hello, my study friends,

I go by the online name Omi, and I'm thrilled to welcome you to 'First Draft' – my latest and most exciting blogging venture to date. After a few tries, I'm finally feeling content with what I've created and I hope you are too!

To make this a smooth and enjoyable reading experience, I've put together a Q&A to answer some questions you may have about me and my blog. I know how daunting long paragraphs can be, so let's keep it reader-friendly with easy-to-follow bullet points:

𝒲𝒽𝑜 𝒾𝓈 𝒪𝓂𝒾, 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓌𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒷𝓁𝑜𝑔 𝒶𝒷𝑜𝓊𝓉?

- I am Omi, a student of the International Bacceularete Diploma Programme, also known as the IBDP program. (For future reference, I will be calling it the IB program.)

- I am currently completing my Pre-Diploma Program (PDP) year, a special preparatory year for the two-year IB program. In my country, this year is mandatory, as three years in upper secondary school are required to apply for university.

- I created this blog as a means to connect with fellow students and share some helpful tips and tricks as I familiarize myself with the IB program and all of its notorious perils.

- Here, I'll share productive study routines, techniques, study music recommendations, and insights into the IB program components (TOK, EE, CAS).

- Don't worry if you are not an IB student, this blog was made for all students no matter their background or areas of study!

𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝐼𝓃𝓉𝑒𝓇𝓃𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃𝒶𝓁 𝐵𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓊𝓁𝒶𝓇𝑒𝓉𝑒 𝒟𝒾𝓅𝓁𝑜𝓂𝒶 𝒫𝓇𝑜𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓂𝓂𝑒?

- The IB program curriculum is made up of six subject groups, where each student chooses a subject from each group. (Studies in language and literature, Language acquisition, Individuals and societies, Sciences, Mathematics, and The Arts)

- The program also includes Theory of Knowledge (TOK), Creativity, Action, Service (CAS) and the Extended Essay (EE). I'll talk about these in subsequent posts!

- The IB program is internationally renowned, opening doors to universities abroad, and requires all IB students to meet the same criteria standard, regardless of their IB school.

- This program is open to any student aged 16 to 19, at schools that have been authorized to implement the program.

𝒲𝒽𝓎 𝒹𝒾𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒹𝑒𝒸𝒾𝒹𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓉 𝒶 𝓈𝓉𝓊𝒹𝓎 𝒷𝓁𝑜𝑔?

- I decided to start a study blog because I am sure there are many like myself who find school to be very stressful and overwhelming at times.

- It doesn't help that, on social media, I often see many study vloggers/bloggers romanticizing the idea of school and studying to an almost unrealistic degree.

- Here, I want to keep it real. Yes, school is fun and I look forward to learning new things, but it can feel lonely going through it all by myself. So I am hoping that I'll meet some new friends here and build a study community!

𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒾𝓃𝓈𝓅𝒾𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓃𝒶𝓂𝑒 '𝐹𝒾𝓇𝓈𝓉 𝒟𝓇𝒶𝒻𝓉'?

- The name 'First Draft' implies that everything I write here will be nothing but authentic and real. Embracing imperfections is a valuable part of the learning process, and this blog celebrates that.

𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒹𝑜 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒹𝑜 𝑜𝓊𝓉𝓈𝒾𝒹𝑒 𝑜𝒻 𝓈𝒸𝒽𝑜𝑜𝓁?

- I used to be a very outgoing person when I was little, to the point where I had various interests and hobbies. However, as I grew older, I developed a more reticent attitude toward life and it has made it difficult for me to try new things.

- I do, however, enjoy playing the flute in my free time! It is something that I have developed a love for doing, it took a little time to see it as more than a chore or something that I had to do. For those of you wondering, I am an intermediate player of five years and am currently exploring pre-advanced classical pieces.

- Other than that, I like to crochet, make cross-stitch embroideries, draw, watch Netflix, visit museums, cook dinners, read, play the piano, and write books. I am currently writing a novel called "Muse" loosely based on me and my best friend.

Well, that was all for this Q&A. Thank you so much for reading and I hope you come back soon! This time, I'm confident that I've found my blogging home, and I can't wait to share my study journey with you all. So, let's embark on this adventure together, and I promise you, 'First Draft' is here to stay! 

Omi ヾ(•ω•')o