𝓇𝑒𝒶𝒹𝓎, 𝓈𝑒𝓉, 𝓈𝓊𝒸𝒸𝑒𝑒𝒹: 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒸𝒽𝑜𝑜𝓁 𝓎𝑒𝒶𝓇 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝒻𝒾𝒹𝑒𝓃𝒸𝑒

Hello, my study friends,

As the school year draws nearer, I felt it was important to write my first post about how to kick off the new academic year like an absolute boss! We all know that the prospect of going back to school and facing new challenges can be a tad nerve-wracking. Ah, those sleepless nights before the first day of school—been there, done that! But fear not, for I'm here to guide you through it all.

Here are my top ten ways to conquer the first day of school:

𝟣: 𝒪𝓇𝑔𝒶𝓃𝒾𝓏𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓈𝓉𝓊𝒹𝓎 𝓈𝓅𝒶𝒸𝑒

- If your environment is a mess, then your mind is a mess. Take the opportunity to go through any old papers you have lying around, organize them, and recycle the ones you don't need anymore.

- Clean out the backpack you've been neglecting all summer and rid it of any worn-out notebooks, pencil shavings or crumpled index cards!

- Let's tackle that work desk! Spray down the surface, tidy up those drawers, and bid farewell to the markers that have seen better days. Another thing about having a neat desk is trying to achieve as much white space as possible. Not only is pleasing to the eye, but it makes you feel much more organized and productive. Plus, you will have plenty of space for your computer and notebooks.

𝟤: 𝐸𝓆𝓊𝒾𝓅 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓉𝑜𝑜𝓁 𝒷𝑒𝓁𝓉 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓊𝓈𝑒𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝒶𝒸𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓂𝒾𝒸 𝓇𝑒𝓈𝑜𝓊𝓇𝒸𝑒𝓈

- You don't want to head into the new school year without a landing pad to fall back on, once the assignments start rolling in you should feel like you're in control.

- Therefore, cultivating a nice collection of academic tools to help you study, write, and complete assignments is absolutely necessary.

- To help with this, I have created an "Academic Resources" page that you can access to find the tools that work for you! Be sure to check it out!

𝟥: 𝒜𝓈𝓈𝑜𝒸𝒾𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝓅𝓇𝑜𝒹𝓊𝒸𝓉𝒾𝓋𝒾𝓉𝓎 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓈𝑜𝓊𝓃𝒹 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓈𝓂𝑒𝓁𝓁

- Our brain works in mysterious ways. It tends to associate feelings with sounds, smells, and textures. The scent of a freshly baked apple pie might remind you of a night at your grandmother's house or the smell of damp earth might remind you of the time you got caught in a rainstorm on the way home from school.

- So, why not use this unique feature to our advantage? Why not associate productivity with sound and smells?

- Every time you perform a productive activity such as writing, cleaning or simply reading a book; put on a calming playlist or light your favourite candle. Once the school year starts and you start studying again, the sound of the playlist and the smell of the candle will take you back to a state of productivity and focus.

𝟦: 𝒫𝓁𝒶𝓃 𝒶 𝒽𝒶𝓃𝑔𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒻𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓃𝒹𝓈

- I know one of the primary reasons why I dread going back to school is the idea of seeing all my classmates again. Don't get me wrong, I look forward to it, but sometimes I get this looming feeling of anxiety. How much have they changed over the summer? What if they are completely different people?

- To ease the transition back to school, plan a hangout with some of your classmates or friends. Talk about what you have done over the summer or your thoughts about the start of the school year. Doing this will remind you that you have a support group at school when you do return!