6.

After we shared goodbyes with grandma we entered our car and headed towards our house. Mom was driving and dad took the passenger seat. I was in the back texting nancy when dad decided to break the silence.

"I'm sorry i lied about the appointment." Dad apologised and looked at mom with a guilty face.

"The lying's not the worst part. You hid from me at your mother's house, Eric. Who does that?" Mom scoffed and focused back on the road.

"Look, she's nice to me. You know, she always takes my side, worries if I'm eating enough and taking my vitamins." Dad fired back.

"I do all that stuff, too, Eric." Mom said. "Okay, I don't. You're right. You know, there's only so many hours in a day, and I'm always running around the kids, and I guess I leave you out a lot, and I'm really gonna try harder to make you feel special, cause you always make me feel like the only girl in the world." She said and looked at dad with genuine smile.

"I feel bad."

"Don't feel bad."

"No, I do, because today at the recital, I couldn't stop looking at Becky's teacher." Dad confessed and i looked at him with a small glare.

"At least you admitted it." I shrugged and started texting back nancy.

"I don't mind you looking. I really don't. Everybody looks. I was looking today." Mom reassured him.

"And I'm totally fine with that. As long as he was gay, dead or a cartoon." Dad listed.

"Gay. Really." I rolled my eyes.

"Okay. But no matter who or what we look at, we'll always come back to each other, right?"

"Car wash!" A yell was heard. Girls in tiny cheerleader uniforms were shouting and holding up sings.

"Car wash! Whoo!"

"Support our team!"

"I'll prove it to you!" Mom exclaimed with a smile and headed towards the car wash.

"Mom what are you doing?!" I said trying to get out of this horrible situation.

"No no, your dad is gonna love this." She said and looked at dad.

"Hi, girls!" Mom shouted as she rolled down her window.

"Honey, you don't have to do this-"

"I want to." She protested. "No you really don't mom."

"Hi, girls! Wash it up extra soapy!"

"You got it." One of the girls said. "Oh, wait, hang on. There's a car just in front of you. Better do them first." She said.  "Yo, got a customer!" She shouted after.

"You take these guys, we'll take the yellow car. Extra soapy."

"Oh, what is happening right now?" I said slightly panicked of what happening next.

Then a bunch of guys in tight white shorts and same looking green t-shirts like the girls approached us.

"No, no, no, no. Thank you. We're good!" I shouted as i rolled down my window now.

"Roll it up roll it up!" Dad said and I quickly rolled my window up.

The guys started washing our car and let me tell you the scene wasn't so pleasant. I quickly covered my eyes. "Please make it stop!"

"Well, I might as well enjoy this." Mom said with a nervous smile. "What is there to enjoy?!" I yelled in horror.

"Why is this never-ending?" dad complained.

"At least the guys in the car in front of us are having fun." Mom said and pointed at the yellow car.

"Dude! That's Andre! He's supposed to taking his driving test today!" I said.

When they guys finally washed our car we left. "I'm traumatised."

🦋🦋🦋

After our exhausting and traumatic adventure we headed home and mom started making dinner.

We all sat down and started eating.

"This is the best vanilla pudding I've ever had." My younger brother Bean said as he was eating butter.

"That's butter, son."

"So Lenny is having a party." Mom informed us. "A theme party."

"Cool. What's the theme?" I asked her. "The 80's"

"That was 70 years ago." Bean said and dad dropped his fork on his plate and placed his hand on his forehead.

I let out a snort and looked at Bean. "Bean, the 80's were 33 years ago." He nodded and continued eating his butter.

Just then my phone rang. "Hey itself nancy I'll be right back." I excused myself and went upstairs to my room.

"Hey what's up?" I greeted my best friend. "Hey i was thinking maybe we could go for an ice cream. What do you say?"

"Uh sure i guess. I just have to ask my mom first-

"Yeah of course. See ya!" She said in a hurried voice and hang up quickly. I frown but never giving a second thought. I quickly went downstairs and saw my mom on the phone.

"Hey mom i was wondering if i could go for ice cream with nancy." I asked her as she hang up the phone. "Of course!" She said quickly. "I mean yes honey sure you can go for ice cream."

"Okay...thanks"