Mukhallifat |9|🍂

"Ma'am they could be lurking outside it's not safe now

"Ma'am they could be lurking outside it's not safe now." Out of all the things she wanted to hear, it's not something she wants to hear now.

"I don't care! WHAT WERE YOU ALL DOING OUTSIDE WHEN HE BARGED IN YOU FUCKING IDIOTS!" She roared, her figure shaking with anger as she glared at the army that was on duty. She clenched her jaw as her head whipped toward the groan that left the injured man's mouth.

"M-Mujhe nahi pata tha ki army I-itna darpok hai." The man who's face she was going to smash in some time had the audacity to smirk. The dirty smirk that crawled up his face made Patralekha want to pull the trigger.

"Call Javed, and connect me!" She said at the bulky man who nodded and hastily paced away, and she turned around crouching down to the man's face.

Her face reeking of danger and her mind alert to each and everything.

"Who sent you?"

The man couldn't help but shudder when the woman looked at him like she was eying a pest. One who wouldn't think twice before pulling the trigger and ending his life then and there.

"Cheh! Main nahi bolunga!" He tried smiling to lessen the fear but it was hard.

She knew at that, he was a hired goon. One clearly sent to warn her and she would be a fool not to pay heed to the warning.

"Ma'am, I've received a phone call from an informer. And.." the way her bodyguard's eyes glinted she knew it was good news.

"We have Gostami." A smirk crawled up her lips at the information as she quickly nodded. She could hear the chopper coming down. Her eyes moved toward her bag and she picked it up. It had her clothes and guns. Things she usually needs during a mission to stay alive.

"Team Del is ready ma'am." Her bodyguard nodded at the army of men in black. She slowly nodded and moved toward a room. Knowing she was avoiding some curious glances and her husband's hard gaze. She had to change now, wearing her usual clothes. The living room was too silent and suffocating with tension. Everyone was terrified, seeing so many people with gears and guns, police, army personnel. It wasn't a daily sight for them.

"I'll change and come." She spoke to no one and started moving towards the staircase. The chaos downstairs subdued as she stopped in front of a familiar door on the second floor. Hesitating a little bit she slowly opened the door. The familiar setting of the room seemed warm to her. She locked the door. Her eyes darting towards the balcony, her gaze went beyond the balcony towards the tree in the distance. It was partly surrounded by the fog of winter.

She rubbed her eyes, she's been deprived of sleep for more than 48 hours now. The fatigue was catching up with her. Throwing the bag on the bed, she pulled off her pallu, then she took off her blouse and quickly wore a bulletproof vest under her dress. Adoring the black t-shirt, she wore her pants and boots. Then she moved down to strap her knives at their designated place. Eventually then she loaded her M16. Throwing the saree on the sofa she sat down on the bed. Eyes downcast, she glanced at the black satin sheets. She remembers how his bedding had the same black satin sheets the day they got married. That day she was excited to start her life, she used to thread so many dream of them together. All those dreams, all those khwaish, turned out to be a poisonous snake. The one that bites you on your back. Today, she anticipates her death.