~pressure~

friday came and with that, the first two official formula one sessions for millie. of course she was nervous, but most of that was overtaken by pure excitement. Walking down the paddock, the sun was gleaming as she showed up in a black and gold top, matched with white pants and the green team aston martin cap. She waved to Daniel and Max as they walked past in their redbull gear towards the motorhome. Heading past alfa romeo, Theo gave her a wave from the table he was sat at outside, enjoying some sun before the sessions. She returned do the gesture by waving back, before heading next door into Aston Martin.

"good morning Lance" she said approaching him as he was getting breakfast
"good morning mil. ready for the day?"
"absolutely"
"what are you having for breakfast?"
"hmmm egg on toast please"
"a classic. i accept that. i'll have the same please actually" he said, turning to the chef for the last part.
They grabbed their food and decided to sit outside together, since it was so warm.

"so tell me mil, how did you and ollie get together?" lance asked as they were eating
she smiled remembering the moment
"remember monaco when i won and he kissed me?"
"yeah, heat of the moment sort of thing right? just excitement"
she smirked
"that's what we told everyone. in reality turns out there were feelings there. mutual feelings. anyway we went on a few dates and stuff and then when we were at a ferrari camp, he asked me to be his girlfriend"
lance smiled
"that's cute"
"i know" she said smiling back.
"you cant stop smiling now can you?" he said
"shut up. you asked me about it so you set this off"
they both giggled
"alright alright, i've got another one for you"
"go for it"
"who said i love you first"
she smiled even more if that was possible
"he did. on the podium actually"
"that is the most racing driver thing i have ever heard"
"i know right. We came 1-2 in the feature race in Zandvoort and he said it. i didn't expect it but there was no doubt i felt the same way"
looking back at these moments made her realise how far her and ollie had come, but also made her realise how far she had come.

"speaking of lover boy" lance said as he nodded his head towards the pathway down the centre of the paddock. she turned to where he nodded to see ollie stood talking to carlos sainz.
"i'll be right back" she said standing up
"take your time" he said with a smirk
she flipped him off playfully as she walked away.

As he saw her approach a huge smile appeared on his face.
"hey love" he said when she got there, putting his arm around her shoulder
"heyy. hola carlos"
"hola millie. ready for today?"
"ready as i'll ever be" she said grinning
"that's my girl" ollie said quietly
she turned her head to smile at him.
"gosh you two knock me sick" carlos said jokingly, making them laugh.
"i have to third wheel you and my brother, so you can third wheel me and ollie. it's only fair!" she said
"ahhh yes that's a fair point" carlos stated as he played along with her joke "look i need to go so i'll see you guys later. good luck"
after carlos walked off, ollie turned to face millie, placing his hands on her waist, leaning down to whisper in her ear.
"god you look beautiful today mi amor"
"hmm spanish now are we?" she said with a wink
"shhh" he said placing a kiss to her cheek
"thankyou" she said
"good luck for today. i'll see you later and if not i'll see you tonight" he said placing a peck on her lips
"good luck. i love you"
"i love you too"
and with that he headed off towards haas.

walking back towards lance, she heard her name called. she turned to see theo walking down from the alfa romeo outside seating area.
"hey theo"
"hey, just wanted to wish you good luck for the first practise sessions of the year"
"oh thankyou. and good luck to you too ofcourse"
"thankyou, thankyou"
she smiled at him as he smiled back.
"are you not scared. like do you not feel the pressure of living up to whoever had the seat before you. i feel so pressured knowing valterri drove in this place before me. he's a multiple race winner and he was definitely an outstanding driver. i cant even begin ti imagine the pressure of following up fernando. not only has he won loads of races but he's a two time world champ" he asked her after a moment.
she could see he was nervous. the pressure must be getting to him. she thought about the question as she tilted her head slightly and smiled at him.
"of course there's pressure but i guess i've learned to thrive under it. i've had constant pressure on my back, especially last season. i guess i've just learnt to embrace it" she said with a smile
"ahh ok"
"come here you big idiot" she said pulling him into a hug "you need to relax. your a bloody brilliant driver don't let the pressure get you down"
after she pulled away he smiled
"yeah i guess i'm being silly"
"no your not theo, but just don't let it push you down, embrace it and let it make you drive better"
"thankyou mil"
"anytime"
———————————————————————

millienorris

tagged: @astonmartinf1 liked by olliebearman, theopourchaire and 835,274 othersmillienorris: Friday✅ P5 in FP1 and P4 in FP2

liked by olliebearman, theopourchaire and 835,274 others
millienorris: Friday✅ P5 in FP1 and P4 in FP2. Let's take this momentum into tomorrow💚💪🏻

view all comments

olliebearman: what a driver damnnn

landonorris: ok but seriously why are you better than me

astonmartinf1: let's go MN14!!!

theopourchaire: embracing that pressure hmm?

lancestroll: untouchable💚