Reuniting A Family

Chapter 2

Kemino sighed heavily as she walked to a training ground on the opposite side of Konoha from where her father was training his team. Of course she didn't know this. She took out a thing of kunais that Iruka had bought her, and began to throw them at a target on a tree stump. She threw the first two with her eyes open, the next two with one eye closed, and the last two with her eyes completely closed.

She opened her eyes to see that all of the kunai were lodged in the tree, and all but one were hit as a bullseye. She smiled, a proud feeling radiating through her body as she trotted over to tree, pulling out the kunai. As she was occupied with getting her weapons out of the tree without harming the weapons to bad, her future sensei attempted to creep up behind her. Kemino was unaware that he was there before she heard the branch crack under his weight.

She spun around with a kunai in her clenched hand, and she walked towards the noise carefully. Gai was laying on the ground by a bush, hoping that his new student would not find him, but to no luck of his own, she did. She looked over the bushes, and raised her eyebrow slightly.

"Gai-Sensei?" She asked, and the man jumped up into a pose where his right leg was behind him, and his left was bent to the front. He threw his arms at her, and then shot a thumbs up, smiling at her.

"Right you are, you youthful flower!" He shouted, and Kemino just laughed slightly before she walked around the bushes and looked up at the strange man with the awful bowl cut.

"Where you trying to sneak up on me?" She asked, tilting her head to the side. If she didn't have the mask on, it would be obvious that she has pulled her lips into a tight line as she looked at the man she would call Sensei.

"No of course not! I was just... I was taking a stroll!" He said, still holding the ridiculous pose. Kemino placed her hand against her head and let out an elongated sigh.

"Whatever you say, Gai-Sensei." She replied and turned to walk away, but the man in the green jumpsuit grabbed her arm and flipped her around. Even though her mouth of covered, you could see the confusion in her eyes.

"My youthful flower, allow me to take you out to eat with your new team!" He said, finally standing up in a normal stance, but still with his thumb extended and a gleam off of his shining white teeth.

Kemino thought about it for a second before she scratched the back of her head. "I mean, I guess that will be alright, but I'll have to ask Ir-" She was cut off by the groan man as he began to scream, covering his ears so that he could hear no more.

"LALALALA ALL I HEARD IS YES GAI-SENSEI I WOULD LOVE TOO SEE YOU AT SEVEN." He said as he turned around, and ran off, still screaming 'lalala.' with his ears covered.

Kemino placed her hand back beside her body, and shook her head slightly as she walked back into town, and began to window shop in all of the shops before stopping at a little book store. She went inside, and grabbed a few random books before she paid for all of them, and left the shop.

As soon as she was on the outside of the shop, she pulled out a book and stuck her nose in it as she began to walk down the streets of Konoha. She made sure to look up every few minutes so that she would not bump into anyone, and would manage to jump out of the children of Konohas way as they ran up and down the streets, either playing pranks on others or playing ninja.

But, the one time that Kemino did not look up from her book, the man walking in front of her did not either. This caused the two to crash into each other, and Kemino let out a small squeal as she hit the ground. She pouted slightly as she looked over at her book, before she picked it up off the ground and smoothed down the page that had been bent in half.