Chapter 6

How does one find themselves in a sunken dark abyss and how do they stay there ?
It replays on your mind as the sheets fail to drag you down to eternal darkness.
The curtains are suddenly drawn.

"Are you unwell ?" Louis asks. It is clear as the irritating day that he stands over you as you remain under the covers.
"When did you come in ?" You scoff, peaking through the top of the sheets.

"It is not normal to lie in so late." Louis states, blatantly ignoring your comment.
"And it's not normal to be wearing a suit this early in the morning !" You groan, already contemplating throwing a pillow at the blond.

You've yet to speak with the quiet lad Fred and the head of the manor, Albert yet you already can tell that Louis will be a challenge for you. You suppose that maybe his brother will be too.

After meeting William you not so discreetly ran out of the room, leaving the young man standing in his own study bewildered.
The whole interaction makes your eye twitch in embarrassment.
Perhaps it may be as to why you didn't want to get up this morning. That or the fact that you wouldn't dream of it recurring that you're woken up by the professor's younger brother.
You're not looking forward to seeing William again...or Louis for that matter.

"I suggest that you find some work to do." Louis states, finally taking his leave.
Yet clearly needing the last word in before he leaves you. "Better then staying in here all day."
Your head rises from the pillow, brows furrowed as the door shuts behind him.
You groan, practically slamming your head down once again on the pillow.
"Five more minutes."

By miracle, you manage to find yourself out in the gardens. After yesterday you're not too eager to indulge yourself in searching the other rooms. However, now that you're outside your plan at finding something from your timeline is at fault.
Deep down, everything is still a blur.
Surely you can't be expected to accept this so suddenly ?

You sweep around at the ground quite ineffectively. Yet you continue so because you can somehow feel as if someone's eyes are on you through the windows. Probably Louis. Nonetheless you continue as-
"What the fuck ?" You groan as a tiny piece of bark from a tree bounces off your head as if it appeared from thin air.
There sitting up on the high wall was a crow. A big huge crow whose wings shined purple when the sun temporarily shines over. The crow unmistakably has a mischievous look in his eyes.
"The fuck are you looking at ?" You mutter, picking up the bark before throwing it down before the bird.
The crow croaks back at you almost as if it was picking a fight. "You started it !" You point. Oh how you hope Louis isn't glaring at you through the windows.

The bird eagerly bounces his head up and down. Now it is definitely trying to tell you something. That or the bird has got the bird flu. You can't tell. Your hand subconsciously reaches for your neck and it is then your eyes widen in shock. "The necklace !" You gasp, staring down at it.
How did you forget about it ?
You've been wearing it this entire time !

The crow starts to spread his wings, clearly pleased that you understood so quickly.

Looking away, practically looking for an excuse to walk away, you find just the person you'd want to find in this unusual situation.

"Fred !" You call while constantly looking back to see if the bird is gone. He's not.

"Hello." He simply states. At that he continues to pluck the thorns from the roses. You stare in confusion.
"You know Moran said you were quiet but I think Louis is more quiet than you." You nod in confirmation. Fred continues tending to the flowers as you're left awkwardly kicking the gravel beneath you.

"I tend to the flowers here." He states it as if maybe he does so, you may leave. You can't really blame him. You get the idea that he prefers his own company. "All by yourself ?" You ask, looking around upon the seemingly endless amounts of different flowers.

"It's my role here." He nods.
You wonder. If each of them has a role here then what could be the others roles ? Fred attend to the gardens, Louis you assume most of the manor which can't really be that fair. Albert must have an important role you assume as he's head of the manor. You're definitely curious as to what the hell Moran does. But William ? He's a professor.
But is that all that he does ?

A sudden shock of pain comes over you, almost as if something hit your head. Almost like the bark. Like a really bad headache when you're hungover.

"Are you alright ?" Fred softly asks, his attention no longer on the flowers as he turns to face you. "I'm fine !" You raise a hand in reassurance. "I think I need to lie down for a while." You sigh, rubbing at your forehead at a attempt to soothe the jolting pain. "Do you need any help at all ?" He politely asks, already offering you his hand. "No thanks. I'll manage." You groan.
"Alright, take it easy then." Fred states.
His face shows that he isn't all that convinced.

You make your way to inside quickly yet before you make your way inside, you glance back to see the crow watching your every move. The once mischievous look in his eyes are replaced by a seemingly serious one.
This time he doesn't make a noise.
Neither do you.

You wince, somehow when stepping inside you've already found comfort.
Though you lean against the wall to steady yourself.

"You're still here ?" A familiar voice teases.
Your body practically does a one-eighty  as you turn to face the man you hadn't seen in some short time. "Moran ?!"
"Louis hasn't thrown you out yet ?" He chuckles, taking off his pristine white gloves. "He's about to." You huff, following the tall man down the corridor like a lost puppy. He doesn't wait for you to catch up as he's confident in his stride.
"So you met William yesterday ?" Moran asks. "He told you ?" You nod.
"Yeah, even told me how you ran off like a scaredy-cat, what a rascal you are." He scoffs . You suddenly stop, standing at the end of the stairs. You place a hand on the bannister to keep your balance. "I was not scared !" You pout like a child being told off.

You lack finding the effort to drag yourself up the stairs so you turn back, deciding to make your way into what you assume is the sitting room. Oh how assumptions have clearly gotten you far.

"You're gonna regret that." Moran smirks, already turning his back on you as he walks off. "What's that supposed to mean ?" You scoff, without a care in the world you simply walk in. Just then you'd discover what Moran truly meant. Unfortunately.