Chapter 7

"Moran was right." You state, staring down at him, contemplating walking right back out just like how you walked straight in.

The man sat before you was none other than the head of the manor. 
Albert James Moriarty.
Yeah. You were definitely going to regret this.

He sat with complete composure with a stare filled with confidence yet you couldn't recognise any arrogance from him. His emerald eyes instantly meet yours that were filled with sudden anxiousness as you remain still.

He could ask or even accuse you of anything. He looks calculated and rather focused and it's starting to throw you off.
Whatever it is that he'll say it must be planned and prepared.
Moran knew he was here.
Bastard was setting you up to fail.
"Do you like wine ?" He politely nods towards the bottle on the small table before him.

                             What ?
Truthfully, you failed to notice it due to being under the strict stare by the man.
His hand reaches out offering the seat across from him.

"I like anything in a bottle really."
You stumble over your own feet in somewhat excitement, close to falling over but you don't. He doesn't notice...you think.

"Miss y/n." He starts. "Just y/n." You shake your head. "Are you settled ?" He asks, a genuine kindness in his nod.
"As in life ? No not really." You shrug, not a single drop of comprehension in your answer.

At the lack of response it was only then did you realise your embarrassing mistake.

"Oh ! You meant here ?" You pause.
                            "No."

"Your bruise is just about gone ?" He asks, smoothly and rather quickly changing the topic of discussion. At the mention of it you almost feel a shiver go down your spine, your hand almost reaches to touch where the bruise once was on your forehead yet you stop yourself. You completely forgot about that. You can't help but wonder maybe it could've been why you suffered with the sudden headache just moments ago.

"I hope that you don't feel obliged to share the details of how you got your bruise or what happened before your encounter with Moran and Fred. But I assure you that that no harm will come your way."
It was in that moment that you genuinely took Albert's words serious.
How could you not when he spoke with such care and delicately in his voice ?
Or maybe the lack of drink was starting to make you delirious.

"You're a very kind and also kinda intimidating man, Albert." You awkwardly shift in your seat, your legs practically begging you to stand up and run out the door. If only there was someone-

"Am I interrupting something ?"
You hear from the doorway behind you.

"William." Albert acknowledges him, something you struggle to find yourself doing. "For fuck sake." You groan to yourself. William takes his top hat off and places his cane by the door before walking over to sit by his older brother's side on a close chair.
You raise a brow at the action.
What was the cane for ?
You couldn't help but think was this in fashion for them ?

It sounds childish but you can't help but wonder was this happening on purpose ?
Was it their doing ? Why now when you're trapped with one Moriarty brother, another suddenly returns home from a long day ?
Would he not return to his bedroom or study first ? You're not going to stay to find out. It was in an instant that you rise from your seat.

It was only then did William look your way.

"I need to rest for a while." You sigh, raising a hand towards the pair turning around and taking a step to the door when suddenly and what you thought was unexpectedly, you grab the bottle and dash out the door making a run for the stairs, the two men remain seated and amused as you hurriedly ran out the room.
It was a brief second yet you've already caught these men slightly off guard.
Your impression is growing everyday but not that you're aware.

Louis enters as you make your way up the stairs, not evening looking back as he soon stands before his elder brothers.

"I've come to the same conclusion as you, dear William." Albert smiles, his eyes glance down at the empty spot the expensive bottle once was with a chuckle escaping past his lips.

"So the newly made plan is worth the while then ?" William asks, nodding his thanks towards his brother as a saucer and tea cup is placed down before him.

"What exactly is the plan, brother ?" Louis asks, unsure if he even wants to hear the answer. For his brothers, Louis will go to any lengths to help with their plans. Yet the brief mentioning of Williams new plan makes him slightly reluctant but he doesn't voice that. Since it is William's  plan he will stick by it for him.
Despite the plan revolving around you.

"To see if our new guest is worth the stay." William spoke with that clear and determination tone that he always used when voicing various plans to the others.
His brothers notice the lack of doubt in his voice.

"She's gonna be a handful." Moran states, his arms crossed as he casually joins the group of men with Fred following behind.
"A challenge." He sighs.
The two dark haired men don't attempt to hide the fact that they were listening to the brothers conversation.

Louis' catious glance is aimed at everyone. He's certain that you're not worth the try and yet everyone here is discussing the matter further.

One thing for sure is that William's eyes now had a certain glow and look in his scarlet eyes as he gives Moran that polite smile that he wears most days.
He raises his cup to his smirking lips, the others present fail to notice such a sly change.

"I've always been intrigued by a challenge."