Chapter 13

"Violet blue green red to keep me at arms length don't work-
"Shut it !" The man barks, throwing the the knife against th bar. You're too fed up to even flinch despite your back being pressed against the cooling bars.
"You've been mumbling that blasted song for the last hour now !
"Well what else am I suppose to do ?" You scoff, somewhat curious of any actual options of what else there was to do. Sit and rot away. Nothing new basically.

A sudden bang went off. So quick !
They've got guns. You were a fool to think that maybe they'd starve you to death or you'd just die really slowly when you no longer had the will to live.
As if you weren't even in the room, he's quick to leave to discover what exactly had caused such commotion. When he stumbles out of the room it isn't long until you hear the commotion of yelling along with the sound of another bang. You somehow could make out the thud of something or rather someone hitting the floor. Curiosity killed the stupid cat.
The door suddenly opens and suddenly the room feels too occupied.

You slowly prepared yourself to turn around to look your killer dead in the eyes.
When people are moments away from meeting death, they typically think about their loved ones or what they did wrong in life but yours ? You'd actually kill for a drink right now. "If you're going to kill me then you're better off just doing it now-

You didn't look up to face any of the men who took you. The man you now stared up at in worry and slight wonder was none other than William himself.
He stood there dressed in all black
If you thought the man's outfits were unusual before this just proved it even more. William takes the keys in his pocket to unlock your forlorn cage. You're suddenly overwhelmed with the feeling of exhaustion, you don't dare to ask any questions despite them all running through your mind.

"You're not hurt are you ?"
You can barely shake your head as his words play over and over in your head. When was the last time you've heard his voice ? You're still sat on the cold ground as he stands over you. You could've sworn this has happened before ?
His gloved hand reaches out for you to take and you're rather hesitant in doing so. Maybe it was because you were cold but you've never felt so much warmth from another's hand. Then again he was wearing gloves. "Are we leaving this place ?" You're desperate for certainty and William grants it as he confirms with a nod of certainty as you hurriedly escaped the unfamiliar scenery.

When you both find yourself outside, you're quickly welcomed by not the greetings but the sight of the others.
But it's Albert's smile towards William makes you freeze in your spot with realisation. You're quick to let go of his hand.

You don't look at anyone as you mumble a small thanks. You'll be sure to show your gratitude once you're certain you're away from here. The sudden rush of embarrassment takes over you and tears almost spill but with a shake of your head they're gone before they even appear.

Due to your circumstances, no one could blame as as you looked behind your shoulder, making sure that no others were accompanying you along with the others.
If something like this were to happen again could William and the others save you once more ?

Could they do it again ? Could William do it again ?  You weren't exactly hoping to find out. You're slightly unsure when making your way to their carriage.
It was kinda funny before all this you'd never even been near one and yet you were nearly hit by one and kidnapped in another. What are the odds ?

You had to remind yourself that this wasn't like before. William sits across from you as he loosely wraps a coat around your shoulders. You didn't attempt to adjust it as it hangs loosely around your shaking shoulders. The coldness was starting to get to you.

Calm and collected. You were slightly intimidated to be the only one somewhat shaken by what happened. You were confused beyond. Had they done this before ? All of them were well composed even in such a situation like this.

William and his brothers share a certain look. Your eyes flutter shut as slumber slowly begins to take over. But before they did Williams sees the lifelessness still in your eyes. He understands it.
So many people have that look in their eyes just like you. Perhaps you're just another one of the people William wants to see the light appear back into their eyes. Another reason to carry on with his cause.

As you got out of the carriage you couldn't help but stand still as the fresh air felt so freely against your skin. As you placed your hands into the pockets your left hand was quick to retract as something unfamiliar touched your fingers. There was something in the pocket.

In your pocket something crumbled touched your fingers. You pull it out and inravell the piece of torn paper to find six words written. Your brows furrow in confusion. Not only are you confused by how the note has ended up in your possession but the six words throw you into more wonder. Simple words that threw you completely off guard.

                He is the lord of crime.