Chapter 18 - Epilogue

This year, Tongan bid farewell to the spring earlier. It's only May, but the weather condition was extremely hot like June, no, July heat. The high officials and nobles who were unable to endure the summer heat, together with the whole family, moved to the northern part of the nation, the secondary capital, Tongde. Formerly, they had to wait until half of June before they could hold the northern inspection, however, there was the internal affairs officer who request to shift it to an earlier date.

The Northern inspection was one of Datong annual grand occasion every summer. Though, ever since the Emperor Jing Zong reigned, the unrest in northern area had excessively decreased, yet, they still conducted the inspection as a rare chance to escape the summer heat as well as to leave the miscellaneous rules in the imperial palace. The Northern inspection was a once in a year revelry festival that the multitude of the palace courtiers been looking forward to.

Lu Cang who was used to live in the moist and humid southern area, Hangzhou, since his childhood, in reality, it was about an equal to cope with the heat of summer in Tongan.

So that, on a certain night, while he was boringly turning and tossing aside the petitions in his royal study room, Jing happened to unexpectedly discover the petition for special purpose from the internal affairs administer who requested to move up the Northern Inspection schedule. He picked it up and spread it flatly on the writing desk, the extremely bold petition that suggested Jing to grant his approval.

He cast aside the already read in all earnestly pile of petitions on his table. Mostly, there weren't anything important nor pressing matter.

Jing made a wry smile as he recalled the audacious in the extreme and brazenly commit an intervention, Lu Cang. But thinking about the certain someone that sweating profusely, as if overcome by the summer heat, underneath his body last night,

He braced up his writing brush and scraped a very large character by the bottom of the petition. He put on an "Urgent" stamp on that official document.

Assuming that Jing, who had consistently taken care of the national affairs, decrees and regulations, which normally was stressing, wouldn't alter the Northern Inspection schedule at will again, all the palace courtiers was overjoyed upon hearing this good news. Under the command of the internal affairs administer, they began to prepare all the required supplies and appliances for the Northern Inspection all night long. The next morning, after finishing the morning court, Jing found out that the back court palace's attendants were excitedly prepare the outfits for going on a long journey all along with the vehicles and the luggage of the articles of daily use as if they were carrying the new year's cheerful spirit.

"Report, Your Majesty. Your subject has carried out Your Majesty's order and already conducted the preparation for the Northern inspection at top speed. By tomorrow, the procession can already smoothly set out." With his immensely proud expression, the internal affairs administer who sent the petition to request for the earlier schedule of the Northern inspection, Yang Zhong reported to Jing.

With his stoic face, Jing rigidly stared at Yang Zhuo. Until he successfully completely wiped off the smile from that face, then he turned his body to sit on the imperial carriage that had been waiting behind him. Indifferently, he ordered : "To the Marquis' mansion."

The Marquis mansion was located at the outside of the imperial city's inner part. It was at an hour distance by foot. When the imperial carriage entered the Marquis's mansion's gate, as expected, Jing could see the Marquis' attendants were preparing for the supplies that needed for a long journey. A warm and gentle smile immediately bubbled up from his stretched taut mouth.

Although Tongde wasn't as flourishing as Tongan, Situated in the northern area and surrounded by 3 mountains, the temperature was as lukewarm as spring all year long. Tongde also abounded in hot springs. The secondary palace was built in the southern area of Tongde, the wealthiest suburbs with a great reputation for it hot springs.....