Chapter 1: Hidden From Plain Sight

A/N: Sorry for the late upload, I planned on publishing this the day after I released the prologue, but the past few days were a bit more hectic than I expected.

Tomobe's POV

"Tomobe? Who?" One of the students asked.

"You'll find out soon." Seraphina replied.

It was the night of the full moon. The big blue-white round moon was shining faintly on the snow-covered mountains of the northern country covered with forests.

"..."

Numerous shadows emerged from the dense forest. They stand in masked figures dressed in special black clothes that have been carefully washed and clean of odors.

One of them was me.

Upon hearing the familiar voice, Karuizawa Kei leaned forward, her eyes narrowing as she focused intently on the screen. A mixture of surprise and curiosity washed over her features as she tried to make sense of the situation. Seraphina let out a playful chuckle, her fingers dancing across a holographic control panel.

"Oops, my bad," Seraphina said with a mischievous grin. "I forgot to turn on the mask X-ray filter. Let's fix that."

With a swift swipe of her fingers, the screen flickered momentarily before adjusting. The masked figure's outline wavered, and then the opacity of the mask gradually lowered, revealing the face beneath it. Kei's breath hitched as she saw the features that were now exposed on the screen. A hint of recognition flashed in her eyes, her heart racing.

Horikita Suzune gasped softly, her hand instinctively covering her mouth. "T-That is..."

"Kiyotaka-kun?" Hirata Yosuke, who had been watching the unfolding scene with astonishment finally found his voice.

Shiro's eyes narrowed as she watched, recognizing her savior's voice. "Oh, isn't that Tomobe-san?"

Ako Murasaki commented. "He looks slightly younger here, is this from a few years ago?"

Kizuki Hina's eyes widened, and a soft gasp escaped her lips. "Oh, it's that time." she whispered. She recalled the events that had unfolded during that time and the sacrifices made. She gave her uncle a sharp glare.

Kizuki Aoi's cold voice cut through the room, her words carrying a weight of bitterness. "This was the time when the higher-ups pretty much sent Tomobe to his death." She too, glared at Kizuki Uemon.