Teru, Akane, And Aoi (Edited)

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." - Albert Einstein

----------

The sun was setting suspensefully slow. Akane didn't think that a sunset would exist in such a place as this, but it was beautiful nonetheless, colors of pink and orange blending into blue, starting their fading into a deep, endless black. The clouds looked pink instead of a fluffy white, none of the clouds shaded over the sun, so it was still bright. But there was no sun to be seen, nowhere to be found where its golden yellow slowly started disappearing.

Akane wasn't the only one surprised to see Teru here, Aoi was as well. She tried her best to not show it, but Teru could tell she wasn't expecting him to be here, especially right now. But here he was, in all his glory, Teru Minamoto, the sword used for exorcizing apparitions in hand, smiling cockily. "Don't give me that attitude," Teru smirked, "I came all this way to save you, you know," He said cockily. The hand that didn't bear his weapon shifted and rested on his hip sassily.

"You came to help us? You out of all people?" Akane questioned, the sass of his own peeking through.

"Did you forget that it's Urabon? Technically, I am the eldest of my family of exorcists. So, I did a patrol around the school, and found the place swarming with supernaturals." Teru explained and started fishing into his pocket, pulling out a pair of glasses. Akane quickly realized they belonged to him.

"Then I found these lying on the ground. I guessed you were in some kind of trouble." Teru tossed the glasses and Akane stumbled to catch them, being able to get a hold of them before they fell into the watery surface of the floor.

"So, now, here I am to save you! To be honest, I'm surprised to find you so close to the far shore," Teru bowed his head, "I'm sorry it took so long," He sounded genuine in his apology.

"Don't say sorry, it's kind of disturbing to hear you apologizing," Akane dismissed, a little unsettled. Was this the real Teru? Akane knew him as a tease and would always mess with Akane and threaten to exorcize him. Hearing Teru apologize to him almost seemed fake, no matter how real he sounded.

Teru smiled and turned his sword so the handle was facing Akane and Aoi, keeping the weapon at his side. He wordlessly walked to Akane, slamming the handle into his stomach, right in his wound. Akane's eyes widened and he gasped, doubling over and cradling his stomach, falling to his knees. Aoi gaped and stared at the struggling Akane for a few seconds, then kneeled next to him, checking if he was alright. Surprisingly, there wasn't much blood spill. But Aoi could see some specks of blood creep through the cloth she used to wrap him up.

"What the hell was that for!?" Akane shouted painfully, glaring up at the smirking Teru. "You really are a mess, aren't you?" He said, holding back a laugh, "I would suggest you stay in the form you're in now, at least until you're fully healed. You're still alive because of that Clock Keeper form. Worst-case scenario, if you change back to your normal human form, you'll die on the spot." He said, showing no hints of concern for Akane, simply telling him his factual thoughts. Akane coughed a little and moved to sit up on his knees, trying to recover from Teru's unexpected assault.

Aoi moved away from Akane, thinking to herself. She looked at her hands, her fingertips were pruning from how much water splashed them. So much was happening all at once. She had many questions to ask once they all got out of this place. She stood, ringing out her clothes to the best of her ability, but they were still heavy and soppy.

"I think it's about time we get going," Teru pushed, "We're just a jump away from the far shore, the living shouldn't be here at all. We can't stick around for too long," He said, turning to move and not bothering to help Akane get up. He struggled for a few seconds but was able to get a hold of his bearings and stand. Aoi moved to help him, grabbing his arm and helping to pull him upright. Akane had trouble taking his first few steps, but the pain eventually subdued, and he could walk somewhat normally again.