Prologue

7134 Pam Rd

Suffolk, Virginia

October, 2021

Dwayne's POV

I was embracing my girlfriend, Regina, while sitting on my brown, leather sofa.  Her smooth lips pressed onto mine, as I was lost into my world of love. Feeling her delicate hand, rubbing my back, was like a total paradise. It felt like being cooled by the gentle waters of the ocean in Virginia Beach.

"Babe, you are my treasure," I said, pinching her cheek.

"Oh, you are such a sweet potato!" giggled Regina. "You really light my world, Papi!"

"I like it when you call me Papi!" I chuckled. "I love you, my spicy Latina babe!"

Regina really made my world filled with sunshine, and happiness. I feel so happy to have her in my life. Things were going so well, until, she dropped a bombshell.

"Babe, I have something to tell you," said Regina, a lump forming in her throat.

"What is it, mi amor?"

"Promise you won't get mad, but I have been dating another guy behind your back."

My whole world turned dark, and my heart broke, as if it was hit by a hammer. "You what?!" I yelled.

"I been dating this dude, since last month," said Regina. His name is George. I'm sorry to do this to you, Dwayne. But, I'm breaking up with you. I'm really sorry."

"I thought our love meant something!" I barked. "How could you do this, Regina? You looked me right in the eye, and said nothing would ever split us up!"

Regina saw the anger rising in my eyes, and remained calm. "I wish you well, Dwayne, but you're not what I'm really looking for in a man. I must leave now. Have a nice life." She grabbed her purse, and walked out of my house.

Bile rose in my throat, as I stormed into the kitchen, and threw dishes everywhere. The only woman, I thought loved me, broke my heart, and shattered it into a million pieces. Tear started falling down my face. I was a fool to think she really loved me, and all this time, she was dating another guy behind my back.

"Regina Cortez, you are dead to me!" I sobbed violently. I collapsed onto my sofa, and cried myself to sleep.

A/N Hey, guys! What did you think of the prologue? What did you think of Regina, playing Dwayne for a fool like that? Just bear in mind that the prologue took place in 2021, so Dwayne is 37, and Regina is at least 32. The ending of this prologue was painful to write! Please tell me what you think! Don't be a silent reader! Please show some love and support by voting, leaving feedback, and sharing this story with others! Thanks, guys! Love you all!! ✨❤✨❤✨❤✨❤