Chapter 7

AN: Double Update ❤️

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Matteo's POV

"Teo, do you know her? The Doctor?" my dad asked, looking at me expectantly. All eyes were now immediately focused on me.

I looked in the direction of my dad and asked "no, why?" I asked as I kept my facial expression as normal as possible. My dad could smell a rat a mile away and I wouldn't want him to become suspicious of my deeds.

"You asked if you could talk to her. What is your reason for wanting to speak to her when everything was discussed in detail?" dad asked not missing a beat.

Nothing important, she just looks familiar. That's all" I answered as I took out my phone to start scrolling through it as a way of getting the attention off me.

Luckily, everyone proceeded to chat up a storm, leaving me to my own devices. I glanced up from my phone searching for Vito and we instantly locked our eyes.

He knows somethings up, but I'll fill him in later.

My mind has never failed me before and I don't believe it ever will.

That's the very same face that has been haunting my dreams, giving me nightmares and feelings of guilt, for the past ten years.

I never could get her out of my mind. Life went on, but that face kept on making its appearance as if being a reminder of a past mistake made.

Her eyes are very unique, and I've only ever seen those eyes on her, that is if she's the woman, which I strongly believed her to be. That's the biggest reason I still remembered her, because of those eyes.

The painful expression that I saw on her face had been etched in my memory since that day.

Flashback

"Hey Teo!" I heard someone shout my name in the school hall as I tried to navigate my way through the hundreds of high school kids, who's also trying to head home after an exhausting week at school.

I thought I could make a fast exit to my car to avoid some people, but being popular can sometimes be a real curse.

It just becomes too much at times.

Some people thrive on attention, whilst I just want people to treat me for who I am, a normal person. Even though I'm next in line to take over the Mafia, for now I want everything to remain...as normal as a teen's life could be.

Though in today's society, popularity is heavily dependent on looks, wealth and status.

As I turned to check who's calling, I saw my cousin Vitello "aka Vito" making his way over in my direction. I internally thank the heavens its him instead of anyone else.

I don't have the energy to deal with people, I'm too tired. Dad made us train early every weekday for the last few weeks. When it comes to Fridays, I am dead tired.

I decided to indicate with a head nod that he should follow me outside, cause the quicker I can get off the school property, the better.

I've got a headache that's killing me, and I want to relax before the party later tonight.

Once I reached my car, it took Vito a few seconds to reach me.

"Hey Teo, what's up?" he asked as he gave me a fist bump.

"Hey man, could we get out of here before that Dana chick starts pestering the shit out of me again?" I asked as I turned my head in all directions, checking if she was in the vicinity.