"1st POV"

"1st POV"

Ever since Fangs brought me to the 'Sano Household', I've been visiting there at least 3 times a week. You can't blame me, I get princess treatment whenever I'm there, and Shinichiro always brings me to his shop that repairs motorcycles.

I met a lot of people there-their names being Wakasa, Benkei, Takeomi, and Inui. They're pretty cool guys, they bring cat treats whenever they visit Shinichiro's shop, knowing that I'll be there-laying around.

...

Unknowingly, I fell asleep during one of my visits there and woke up late at night.

I followed Shinichiro around while meowing, already wanting to go home.

"Hold on, (Y/n). I still need to arrange some things inside..." though I didn't listen and I kept biting his pants, attempting to drag him out of the shop...strangely, I have a bad feeling about this-it's almost like, I can smell the grim reaper coming this way...shiver me timbers.

He could only sigh in defeat and chuckle, he arranged some things before picking me up and walking out of the shop, of course, not before locking it.

...

I watch as he went inside their house before I left to go home. Everything was normal as I walked on the sidewalk until I saw Fangs and Tiger going somewhere...huh, wonder where they're going this late at night? And what's with the strange get-up? I deadpanned, looking at the duo as they drive off to who knows where

Oh well, it's none of my business. I mean, I'd like to stir up trouble with them...but I'm sleepy, and sleep is my number one priority

I continue walking down the path, starting to feel a bit drowsy. I can feel my body forcing itself onto slumber with every step I took...my eyelids are getting heavier by the second.

I really need to get back fast or my body will shut down on its own here...sigh

You know what, I'm gonna just teleport. I hop onto a tree branch, and did a bit of stretching before my body began to disappear. Finally, I'm back at the apartment...I strolled inside since the front door was open

Instead of being welcomed lovingly, I received an earful of scolding from both Mrs. Matsuno and Chifuyu

sigh.

I stare at the both of them with a blank expression and walked inside Chifuyu's room after they were done with their complaints

Safe to say that I still slept on my bed and not on the rug outside the apartment.

Just as I was starting my morning with lots of positive vibes surrounding me because of my good sleep, I saw horrifying news on the TV screen.

'Teenage boys broke inside a motor shop and severely injured the owner'

Those boys...they look familiar...too familiar. Even with that blur on their faces.

Without a second thought, I dashed out of the door and desperately searched around for the exact hospital that Shinichiro was admitted in

After what felt like hours, I finally found it. I was about to enter the hospital when I saw the sign 'no pets allowed'. Fuck.

I jump from window to window, checking if one of the patients were Shinichiro in every room that I peeked in.

Alas, I landed on the window of the private room that Shinichiro was in...I saw Mikey standing on the side with Grandpa Sano while Emma cried. I repeatedly tap on the window, until it caught Grandpa Sano's attention

He walked towards me and opened the window, I hurriedly jump inside and went to Shinichiro's bedside. He's stable, and he's breathing, but, I can tell he's struggling to hold on...

My gaze trailed toward Grandpa Sano, looking at him expectantly as if asking for explanations. Why did this happen?

Grandpa Sano just sighed and smiled sadly at me, he slowly picked me up in his arms and patted my head gently, walking towards the corner of the room before starting to speak.

"He and Mikey went back to the motor shop because he forgot something there..." Grandpa Sano eyed Shinichiro's figure, the sound of the machine beeping filling the room as Grandpa Sano continued to tell me how this happened

...apparently, Shinichiro forgot his keypad phone inside the shop and went back with Mikey to get it...while he and Mikey were inside the shop, he heard noises coming from the front of the shop. He gave Mikey his phone before he went out to threaten the people who broke in, in an attempt to scare them off.

But it only ended in tragedy. It was at least a good thing that Mikey had called the police much earlier. Shinichiro was immediately rushed to the ER, the operation went on for hours. The doctors successfully saved Shinichiro but he's now in a state of coma...

What's worse is that...those two teenagers were Baji and Kazutora. To say that I was angry was an understatement...

I jump down from the elder Sano's arms and walked towards Shinichiro's side, I jump up on the bed and eyed the unconscious Sano

I can tell you're trying hard to hold on to life, Shin...you can rest. You don't have to suffer in pain anymore, we understand. I place my paw on top of his hand...

Suddenly, I had a lightbulb moment. My memories flashed back to when my father told me the story of how my mother died. Apparently, she was too generous, giving all of her nine lives to the sick and dying people...leaving me and Dad mourning for her death. Seriously, what mother would want to leave her family for the sake of saving people? sheesh

If Mother had the ability to transfer one of her lives to another living being...then there's a chance that she passed on that ability to me.

Slowly, but surely, I nuzzled my head on Shinichiro's hand.

"Get away from him, stupid cat!"
I heard Mikey exclaim, trying to shoo me away while I hissed at him. The elder Sano went to Mikey's side and told him to behave. Can't that little shit see I'm trying to help? Fucking dumbass.

I turn my gaze back on Shinichiro, nuzzling my head again on his hand before closing my eyes. Please work, please work, please work...I kept repeating those words in my mind

I pulled away and looked at Shinichiro's face expectantly...letting out a sad 'meow' when I assumed it didn't work.

But, by the grace of the Heavens, his eyes slowly opened.

To be continued...