⏤ IMPRESSIONS

sum. : their impressions of you after that first day

g. : fluff ; modern au ; muggle au ; tattoo artist james ; tattoo artist sirius ; piercer remus ; oblivious, innocent reader ; very much the marauders pov ; they're smitting with reader ; instant connection ; marauders inner thoughts

set. : a little after chapter 1 and during chapter 2

length : 1.3k

─── ⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ༓ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅ ───

After that terrifying night, they couldn't get you out of their heads.

"I really hope she's okay," James sighs, running his fingers through his already untamed curls and messing them further.

"She was shaking like an autumn leaf," Sirius clicks his tongue, his expression souring as he thinks back to the drunk bastard that dared to attempt something so horrific on you, "disgusting lowlife..." the tattooist didn't even realise he had been clenching his hands into fists until Remus's much larger hands took a hold of them.

"She's safe and sound at home," the tall brunette forces a half decent smile, "at least she's okay now," his reasoning did little to help and Remus knew it because he couldn't even convince himself of the sentiment.

That night, sleep was hard to find.

─── ⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ༓ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅ ───

Like an answer from the gods, you were once again before them but no longer shaking in fear. You were happy, pretty as a flower in full bloom and smiling sweetly, the picture of a warm spring day. They largely shrugged off their actions last night, not feeling too heroic if it weren't for your dedication to thanking them by cooking a delicious meal.

Remus found you captivating. Not a single piercing in sight, such wasted potential for the additional accessory but still so beautiful and radiant without it; there's no need to puncture your unsullied skin. The morning sun looks good on you, a much preferred contrast to the pale moon from the previous night of terror. Your features are clear and easy to appreciate, something Remus was grateful for.

He wants to ask for your well being, his heart aching for your welfare and his mind begging for certitude. However, his anger was what commanded priority as the fateful night's aggressor made a momentary glimpse in his mind's eye and his biting tone triumphs bitterly.

"It's alright, don't worry, I told my manager and he's been banned from the pub I work at so I haven't had any more bad encounters," your sweet voice broke through his wrath and eased the tension from his shoulders. Your demure disposition was like sweet, creamy chocolate to his eyes —delectable. You look precious and his heart wavers with a familiar feeling.

Interesting...the brunette thinks to himself, the feeling and notion intensifying when Sirius enters the scene and regales you with more flamboyance than he typically would any other woman. It reminds him of the days the leather-clad tattooist was notorious for sleeping around before finally finding a permanent romance with his coworkers and long time friends.

As Sirius leads you away, he and Remus make eye contact. It's brief but a spark, something electric and intimate flickers between them over the curve of your shoulder. Sirius smirks and Remus covers his grinning mouth.

He feels it too, they both surmise, fingers tingling from the fever crawling up their spines, readying to devour them in the feeling.