Twelve: Ironically Perfect Timing

IRONICALLY PERFECT TIMING———————————————where people have ironically but painfully perfect timing

———————————————
where people have ironically but painfully perfect timing

commenting and voting helps me update and I love reading them, so pls don't be a ghost reader!!

While getting ready for Nicole's party, all Taylor could think about was how much she messed up.

"What text?"

"Wait Belly—she didn't tell—oh..."

"Taylor what text?"

Taylor remained silent, looking at anything but Calista's face.

"I'll ask her then," Cali started to exit the pool.

"No! I mean—come on it's her birthday we don't want any drama."

Cali raised her eyebrows, "drama?"

Taylor didn't know what to say and she especially didn't want Belly getting hurt on her special day.

"Ow!" Belly gasped out. The mascara wand she held was previously stuck into their eye around three times in the last thirty seconds.

Taylor couldn't keep in a laugh seeing her best friend struggle with applying makeup and decided to give some advice, "it goes on your lashes, not in your eyeball."

"Trying to do that here," Belly responded while looking at her through the mirror, joining in with Taylor's laughter. She lifted the wand to her eyes once again, but was stopped.

"Let me do it," Taylor chuckled, although she found it hard to do makeup on anyone other than herself, but figured it was doing Belly a favor before she gave herself permanent eye damage. "Tonight's gonna be so much fun."

Belly nodded as subtly as she could, trying not to mess up Taylor's steady hand that she had no doubt was doing better than her originally trying to put the product on her lashes. After a day of swimming, beach walks, and a birthday dinner, Belly decided that she wanted to go to Nicole's party, exciting her best friend. "Speaking of tonight," her eyes trailed toward the door, "What's up with Cali? She told me she wanted to get ready alone?"

What Belly didn't know was Taylor currently was avoiding contact with Cali after her slip up in the pool. During the birthday dinner she felt Cali's eyes on her, but she refused to look back, afraid of getting confronted further.

Belly continued, "Have you also noticed that she's been off since we all got into the pool?" Belly felt Taylor's movement stop at her question.

Taylor pulled the wand away from Belly's face before securing it back into the tube deciding her work was good enough, "About Cali," She trailed off, searching for the right words, "I—"

"Woah, it's been time to go!," Belly yelped, getting distracted by the clock that Taylor set the mascara down next to. She grabbed Taylors hand, but remembered their previous topic, "Wait, is it something you need to tell me right now?"