Five: Bambi

BAMBI———————————————

BAMBI
———————————————

a/n: commenting and voting helps me update and I love reading them, so pls don't be a ghost reader!!

Calista woke up to two pieces of paper on her desk. One seemed like a fancy postcard and the other was plain printer paper.

Picking up the smaller paper first she read, "The favor of a reply is requested before the first of May, Miss Calista Rubio," Then there was a space to check each line, "Accepts with pleasure, or declines with regret." Deciding that the second option was a big stretch, she picked up the other piece of paper to find out it was a lifeguarding sign up sheet.

She put them both down deciding to procrassanate choosing either for as long as she could before her mom made her, then made her way to her drawer to pick out a swimming suit for the day.

After a few changes she decided on a sage green two piece, and covered it up with a sweatshirt preparing for the chilly morning.

Shortly after that she found herself at a familiar bench on the beach. Sitting on it reminded her of when Conrad figured out a couple years ago that she went there often then started meeting her there. It was the start of their previously blooming relationship. Speaking of him...

"How's your foot?" Calista questioned tilting her head up to see Conrad walking towards her, and notably without any sign of pain.

"How's Banbi?" It was the code name given to the bench by the two of them. It was originally her secret spot so it helped to keep it secret when they planned meetups with others around.

Calista stayed silent until she couldn't anymore. She didn't feel like acting like nothing happened. "Are we going to act like last summer didnt happen?" Her face twisted into something unrecognizable to Conrad, "Also what you said last night too? That shit was out of pocket."

"Well your bullshit hurt me too." He argued.

"Huh? What are you talk-"

"Morning!" Belly yells down the beach smiling a bit too wide, leaving the two teens confused about how she found them. Giving each other a did you tell her? look. Hey yelling again broke their eye contact. "Want to go grab some muffins from our favorite place?"

Both of them thought Belly was shouting to them, so naturally "Yeah sure," and "I'm down," came out of their mouths.

Calista and Conrad snap their heads toward each other again. Deciding she didn't want to argue, Cali stood up to yell to Belly again, "I suddenly want to stay home, sorry."

Conrad sends a glare at her then stands up, but this time on top of the bench trying to one up Calista, "Belly, tell her you weren't even talking to her!"

That gets a laugh out of Belly while she was still walking towards them, "I was talking to both of you." She finally got to the bench and sat down in the middle of the two. "And you both owe me so you're coming no matter what." She added, swinging her arms around Cali's shoulder.